Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus?

This is a discussion on Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; even though verizon is cdma my storm has a sim card and says vodaphone gsm on it also. i think you can use verizon out ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus?

even though verizon is cdma my storm has a sim card and says vodaphone gsm on it also. i think you can use verizon out of the countrt on gsm but not sure. i just need it to be tomorrow so i can hopefully get my n1 on vzw

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    I guess my question really is whether there is a savings financially! Can I set up a less expensive contract or pay monthly for what ever I want?
    yes, all Nexus S phones are unlocked. However! If you pay full price $529, you get access to Tmobiles "Even More PLUS" plans. They are $20 less each month. Over the course of 2 years, you will pay less this way.

Quote Originally Posted by reflex_rym View Post
    Nowdays it's easy to unlock N1 phone, i don't see any advantages of buying unlocked N1.
    Well first off I think that when you say unlocked you mean unlocking the bootloader but in this thread we are talking about carrier unlocked. Plus the nexus one (and the nexus S for that matter) is carrier unlocked by default.

For me it's much cheaper to upfront the phone price since I don't need a data plan (WiFi wherever I go). A contract will cost you big time if you don't need a data plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dominatorishere View Post
    For me it's much cheaper to upfront the phone price since I don't need a data plan (WiFi wherever I go). A contract will cost you big time if you don't need a data plan.
    Ya I hear you on that I don't use a data plan either so it would cost way too much to get a phone on contract but if you do the math you will see that if you get the phone on contract after two years it will cost you more than getting the phone unlocked and paying the contract.

Im still waiting on the plan updates as well! I would just get it for t-mob but I'm a fan of verizon's data speeds versus t-mob.

Quote Originally Posted by alanudi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    I guess my question really is whether there is a savings financially! Can I set up a less expensive contract or pay monthly for what ever I want?
    yes, all Nexus S phones are unlocked. However! If you pay full price $529, you get access to Tmobiles "Even More PLUS" plans. They are $20 less each month. Over the course of 2 years, you will pay less this way.
    Reviving a 9 month dead thread.... :rofl3:

Party on Garth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links