Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus?

This is a discussion on Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Trying to decide between buying an unlocked Nexus and one on through Verizon if they ever release one! What are my contract options? Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus?

Whats the advantage of buying an unlocked Nexus?

Trying to decide between buying an unlocked Nexus and one on through Verizon if they ever release one! What are my contract options?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The main advantage is that you are not tied down to a carrier for the duration of the contract.

Also whether you buy outright or purchase the Nexus One through a contract...

The phone is unlocked either way.

Contract

Assuming that Verizon is head and shoulders over anyone else and I therefore will stay with them for at least Two years would I be better off getting the Nexus subsidized by Verizon?

Choice is yours...

good luck!!

They're all unlocked.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I dont see the advantage since they cant fully work on all networks in the US.

Nexus One on Verizon would "technically" be locked/limited to Verizon because it's CDMA. an unlocked GSM Nexus One allows you to use it on any worldwide GSM carrier. in the US it comes down to which GSM 3G carrier do you prefer (T-Mo or at&t).

Unlocked

I guess my question really is whether there is a savings financially! Can I set up a less expensive contract or pay monthly for what ever I want?

Only if Verizon has discont rates just la T-Mo has when you buy the phone outright.

With T-Mo montly rates are cheaper if they don't subsidize your phone price.

I doubt Verizon will match T-Mo in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    I guess my question really is whether there is a savings financially! Can I set up a less expensive contract or pay monthly for what ever I want?
    We / you / I don't know what the Verizon contract rate will be for the Nexus One. You will have to wait until Google announces the Nexus One for Verizon.

For T-Mobile, if you have the up-front cash, it is slightly cheaper to buy the Nexus One without a contract and get one of the month to month plans.

For AT&T, so far, they don't have a contract price for the Nexus One, so there's no choice.

For Verizon, we'll only know after they announce their plans.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links