Can't Decide on Droid or N1

This is a discussion on Can't Decide on Droid or N1 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The droid actually has better specs in some areas. The screen can display 16 million colors as opposed to 65k. It has more internal memory ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Decide on Droid or N1

driod maybe?

The droid actually has better specs in some areas. The screen can display 16 million colors as opposed to 65k. It has more internal memory for applications as well. It comes with a 16 gig card as opposed to a 4 gig card. There is no three way dance if you have a problem google, HTC or T-mobile? Just call verizon. If the droid ever gets 2.1 the only disadvantage in my opinion is the weight. I have a droid and thats my only problem. I am considering buying a verizon G1 at full price but the more I research the less it seems likely. All of this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by d3vkit View Post
    I am also going on my honeymoon next week and having a nice new smartphone would be a real boon.
    Speaking from experience, on your honeymoon, it is highly unlikely you will be needing a smartphone of any sort... :rofl3:

Just kidding! I have never seen the Droid so I can't help you make a decision... all I can say is I'm really happy with the N1
    My sigs keep getting

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    I am also going on my honeymoon next week and having a nice new smartphone would be a real boon.
    Speaking from experience, on your honeymoon, it is highly unlikely you will be needing a smartphone of any sort... :rofl3:

Just kidding! I have never seen the Droid so I can't help you make a decision... all I can say is I'm really happy with the N1
    I had hyped myself up for the eventual release of the N1 to VZW, and am still wanting it, but it looks like I can either:
    1. Get an N1 whenever it finally releases for probably close to $300
    2. Get 2 Droids right now for $100 - $50 Bing Cashback

I've also heard that it may not be the processor that makes N1 look so fast but the 2.1 software. I'll probably root and overclock my droid anyway. But $25 a phone? I had no idea they were this cheap right now. Getting ready for Incredible and N1 to land I would assume.

Thought I'd just pop in and tell everyone: I bought the Droid. When it came down to it, we both wanted smartphones for the honeymoon, there is ALWAYS a better phone just around the corner (like that new Sprint HTC EVO 4G with HDMI out, HD video and 10Mpbs speeds...), and the cost was too good to pass up. I coulnd't wait for the N1 to hit VZW, and after Bing Cashback our phones are FREE, which is pretty flipping good. (Technically to get them today we had to do $20 overnight shipping, so $10 a phone - still, awesome!) The N1 would have cost someone around $300 to upgrade I'm thinking.

So thanks for the advice, this was a tough decision, and I love Google and would prefer the N1 still, but I am happy to be getting a Droid. It just fits my situation better.

Thought I'd just pop in and tell everyone: I bought the Droid. When it came down to it, we both wanted smartphones for the honeymoon, there is ALWAYS a better phone just around the corner (like that new Sprint HTC EVO 4G with HDMI out, HD video and 10Mpbs speeds...), and the cost was too good to pass up. I coulnd't wait for the N1 to hit VZW, and after Bing Cashback our phones are FREE, which is pretty flipping good. (Technically to get them today we had to do $20 overnight shipping, so $10 a phone - still, awesome!) The N1 would have cost someone around $300 to upgrade I'm thinking.

So thanks for the advice, this was a tough decision, and I love Google and would prefer the N1 still, but I am happy to be getting a Droid. It just fits my situation better.
    Cool. Congrats on your purchase. It doens't matter what phone you got, as long as you are happy with the purchase is what counts. Enjoy your phone. Hopefully you won't be using it on your Honeymoon.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Cool. Congrats on your purchase. It doens't matter what phone you got, as long as you are happy with the purchase is what counts. Enjoy your phone. Hopefully you won't be using it on your Honeymoon.
    I think we will both be using them all the time. I am looking forward to google maps telling me places to eat, where to drive, etc - instead of looking it up beforehand and printing it out.

Well, not using them all the time

The Droid is Booty:butt1:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

What's with everyone saying the dude won't be using it on his honeymoon? It has video recording doesn't it?

Cool Main Problem

You want to bring a phone on your honeymoon

. . . Just sayin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links