????

This is a discussion on ???? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; is there anyway to get the nexus one cheaper then the 530$? i have a new two year contract eligible for upgrade, but i'm on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ????

????

is there anyway to get the nexus one cheaper then the 530$? i have a new two year contract eligible for upgrade, but i'm on a family plan. i'm on verizon and am waiting for the n1 to come out for verizon, and i'm guessing they will sell it similarly to tmobile.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

a slightly used one at a discount price.

i know but my dad said he doesn't want me paying that much for a phone. i'm paying for it either way and don't mind but is there any way to get subsidized price on a family plan?

off topic but how long did it take to get your phone?

Nope.

Either:

Buy it full price from google.
    Buy it subsidized on whatever network you have, and start a 2year contract
    Buy it off ebay/other site used for cheaper.

Going the ebay route is a bit more risky since it will probably be impossible to get repairs on since Google said the warranties cover the ORIGINAL purchaser. So you would have to contact the person you bought it from if any problems ever arise.

Eh, everyone I knew said 600 on a phone was RIDICULOUS. But I absolutely do not regret paying that much cos I love this phone!!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

i don't mind 2yr contract but if i sign up for a new two year contract but ON A FAMILY PLAN, am i eligible for the discounted price or is it only for select plans?

You would have to contact Verizon with that specific question. Nobody here knows the answer since Verizon has not announced the availability of the phone yet, nor if there will be a subsidized price or a different voice/data plan.

The only thing for sure regarding lower initial prices right now is through T-Mobile.

Not even Verizon knows today if you can use your family plan and a discounted price.

You just have to wait.

on tmobile can you get discounted price on a family plan?

I hear March 24th for Verizon.

I hear March 24th for Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    i know but my dad said he doesn't want me paying that much for a phone. i'm paying for it either way and don't mind but is there any way to get subsidized price on a family plan?
    Tell your dad:

It's a digital camera, and digital camcorder that lets you store, upload, share videos and pictures on the fly.
    It's a pocket laptop.
    It's the best PDA your money can buy.
    It's a portable gaming device
    It's a voice-transcription device
    It's a universal translator
    It's a full featured GPS unit
    It's a video player
    It's an mp3 player

and on and on... hundreds of other amazing capabilities and apps - many of them free.

For the hardware and capabilities you get, it's a bargain. You can get asurion insurance for a song if he's worried you'll drop it in a toilet or lose it.

I justified getting it because I needed a (decent camera) a new GPS and a new phone and I was due for a new laptop - So the Nexus one hit all the tick marks and for a good price to boot.

Tell your dad that the inferior, yet still awesome iPhone goes for even more - plus ATT charges significantly more for the plans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links