Google voice users are you still paying for text?

This is a discussion on Google voice users are you still paying for text? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jaeisber Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth Originally Posted by bozzy Of course they don't get updates. Not unless they jailbreak and use an ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google voice users are you still paying for text?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post

Of course they don't get updates. Not unless they jailbreak and use an app from cydia.
    So basically GV is useless now on the iPhone unless Jailbreak.

SMH at Apple. They wanted so hard to control everything and about to lose everything.
    Thats their own fault, and I hope they do. It really is an understatement when people say that Apple locks the iPhone down...The big advantage of the Android platform (as you all know) is that its open, but not enough people appreciate this fact. Hopefully people start pulling out and restricting apps for the iPhone so it becomes a reality.

Well, seeing that Flash will slowly be coming to Google and Apps being built in Flash is now barred on the 4.0 OS, we should hopefully be expecting developers to start focusing on freedom in building apps for the Droid.

Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    No problem. And that was your problem. The setting under Voicemail/SMS was for Voicemail notifications, not SMS messages. The "Receive SMS on this phone (mobile phones only)" setting under the phone is what actually forwards SMS messages received on your GV # to your actual phone(s). Unchecking this will stop the usage of texts.

Also, I read an article posted on a Google blog that you should receive a notification almost instantly when you receive a text to your GV number. It looks like they reworked the synchronization to be quicker.

Google Voice for Android Gets Inbox Synchronization : The Google Phone Blog
    I had a question about the inbox syncing...I set the notification/sync to the lowest time (every 5 mins) on my google voice but I sometimes don't get text notifications almost an hour after the text is sent. Anyone might know why it's so slow? I put google voice on my ignore list for my task killer so it's definitely still running. Do I need to turn on auto syncing under my settings?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links