Will I like the Nexus-One ?

This is a discussion on Will I like the Nexus-One ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just a quick overview of what I am in need of. #1 my T-Mobile BlackBerry 9700Bold is a piece of garbage, I get disconnected within ...

Thread: Will I like the Nexus-One ?

Will I like the Nexus-One ?

Just a quick overview of what I am in need of. #1 my T-Mobile BlackBerry 9700Bold is a piece of garbage, I get disconnected within 2-3min on 90% of my calls, sometimes voice mails pop up hours later all at once, I get spotty Internet on the road, the phone does not work in Basement at all, and I am lucky to even get a faint signal on the 1st floor, but previous AT&T phones worked fine in my house.

I was told by my good T-Mobile rep that the T-Mo version of 9700 Bold BB is know to have major issues with loss of signal constantly, he said a few other guys came to him with similar problems, with this phone. So I guess it is not T-Mobile the carrier in Chicago where I live ? I was worried they were just a bad carrier ?

So to my point, I am need of a new phone a.s.a.p. and not sure which phone to get right now ? Possibly the Nexus-One, maybe the HTC HD2, or put my T-Mo SIM card in my old iPhone ?

My history with smart phones are these;

- BB 8900 Curve, it was a nice phone, and T-Mobile back then was rock solid prefect for me. But I got bored with the BB quickly.

- iPhone3G I bought almost 2yrs ago, I liked the phone much more than the BB, it was pretty cool, but the AT&T service was not the best at the time, and the monthly bill was a raping at $180 w/tax per month for full unlimited. And Apple can be douche bags in general.

- Moved to back to T-Mo, my Wife got the MyTouch 3G Android and I bought the 9700Bold BB. I was very interested in my Wife's MyTouch, I was reading so many good things about Android, that it was the iPhone killer, etc... But to be honest I thought the phone sucked, it felt like a beta test phone not ready for prime time, and a wannabe iPhone but poorly done so, that MyTouch left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Android was very disappointed, it just seemed so slow and laggy, and very rough OS.

So I am not so sure which new phone to go with now ? I like everything I have read about the Nexus-One, but I am afraid it will be a turd like the MyTouch3G that I hated. The HTC HD2 looks cool, but it is a dated OS, with WinMo 7 due out this Fall. And I know there is a new iPhone4G due out in June, but I can't wait that long.

Opinions please

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ditch T-Mobile for Verizon and get the Nexus one. Your T-Mobile rep is going to say that its not the service and that its the phone because he wants you to stay with T-Mobile.

Ive hard Verizon in Chicago for the past 2 years and I have always had better service over AT&T and T-Mobile no matter where I am at.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

nexus one's processor is twice as fast as the iphones, screen is bigger and twice the resolution of the iphones plus it is AMOLED. It has a 5mp camera opposed to iphones 3.2mp camera, 10% thinner then iphone, android 2.1 is amazing a extremely customizable, and android is like a jailbroken iphone. You can do almost anything with it, and if you root it you can do anything(android equivalent to jailbreaking). That's just a small run down of how it does against the iphone 3gs not to mention there's so much more things it does better.

not to mention the nexus one is directly from google so will always be the first android phone to get the latest android o.s. 2.1 is great but i bet in a month or two they'll release a new android os that the nexus one will get instantly that will be even cooler somehow. Also nobody has a nexus one so it'll be cool to be the only one you know with it. Also the htc hd2 is obnoxiously huge.

Thanks for the advice j's

I was thinking on going Verizon, I think T-Mobile does have issues in Chicago. I heard the Nexus-One should be out this week on Verizon ?

And yes the HD2 is a tad too large for my tastes, it is borderline almost a Tablet, not a cellphone. And would be cool to have a Nexus-One where all my family and friends have either the iPhone or BlackBerry.

I just hope the N-One is way better than the lame MyTouch3G, that phone left a poor impression on me for Android. The MyTouch3G just felt soo slow, and like an unfinished OS not ready for prime time.

i love my n1 and i haven't had any problems with tmobile. just get the nexus one! lol
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

it's running a much later o.s then the mytouch. it's also the fastest phone available on the market today. the screen and overall build quality along with the AMOLED screen will amaze you. The rumored date on verizon is march 23rd(this tuesday). If it's not out then it will be out in the next two weeks 99%.

You'll like the N1

I have no problems with T-Mobilie where I am, but if it isn't working out for you there, then yeah, the Verizon version will be out pretty soon and you should give it a shot. As long as you have a good experience with your carrier, you won't be disappointed.

This phone is NOT slow, and once you get used to the OS(and while you're getting used to it!) you won't be able to keep your hands off it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsilvers525 View Post
    not to mention the nexus one is directly from google so will always be the first android phone to get the latest android o.s. 2.1 is great but i bet in a month or two they'll release a new android os that the nexus one will get instantly that will be even cooler somehow.
    I love my new N1, but they have a lot of work they need to do on Android.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links