What are you switching From to the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on What are you switching From to the Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by ezeddiekun This poll is really inacurrate since some phones fit in two or more catagories. I had a ...

View Poll Results: Can PID/Password Be Implemented?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you switching From to the Nexus One?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    This poll is really inacurrate since some phones fit in two or more catagories. I had a Droid before this.
    Still, the number of iPhone converts is quite interesting.
    How do you know? I can't tell
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking

I will be switching from an LG Dare to the N1...this will be my first smartphone...or "superphone" =P

I can't wait!!!xD

After 14 years on blackberry, its time for divorce for younger, slim sexy thang, Dig?

Moved from a Nokia N95-1

I was washing my hand and a phone call came in on my Blackberry Pearl and my hands were slippery and it took a swim in the water. Time for new phone!

Stuck with Blackberry 9700, took it to Shanghai for a week, didn't like it.
    Returned it for a T-mobile MyTouch. Loved the Android system. Hated the phone.
    Returned it, GOT A NEXUS ONE!!!!! Let me tell you, it's the BEST PHONE I have ever owned!!!
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post
    I was washing my hand and a phone call came in on my Blackberry Pearl and my hands were slippery and it took a swim in the water. Time for new phone!

Returned it, GOT A NEXUS ONE!!!!! Let me tell you, it's the BEST PHONE I have ever owned!!!
    I also have a 9700Bold BB, I spilled some hot tea on it last month, and ever since it has been disconnected calls with in 2-3min like 90% of the time, and spotty internet connection, so I need a new phone a.s.a.p.

But my Wife got the MyTouch3G last year, and I hated it, it felt so slow and laggy, the touch screen seemed weird, like not registering my fingers all the time, and it seemed like a wannabe iPhone but poorly done. Is the Nexus-One a way better phone than the MyTouch ? I want to like Android just got turned off my first time using the MyTouch.

Oh and I did have an iPhone3G 2 yrs ago, I liked the phone, but hated the raping AT+T gave me every month, of $180 w/tax for full unlimited plan. And that phone had some wierd lag issues at times, so I dumped Apple. But I won't be surprised if the new iPhone4G is pretty killer, I hear Apple realizes Android is gaining ground, and the new 4G will be a much revised phone for the better. People keep saying the iPhone is getting old and dated, but I think they will be top dog again this Summer. And I am NO Apple fanboy at all, I do not plan to buy any products from them again, just stating the facts.

Main thing, is the Nexus-One a way better experience than the MyTouch ?

Hmm lets see, i started tmobile with a sidekick and hated it, went to a blackberry curve. got sick of it and bought the samsung Memoir for the camera and touch screen. decided i wanted an android and after months of research on what would suit me best i bought the NEXUS and its the best investment ive ever made
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

from Samsung Jet here... ahihihihi

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomaslkuo View Post

I also have a 9700Bold BB, I spilled some hot tea on it last month, and ever since it has been disconnected calls with in 2-3min like 90% of the time, and spotty internet connection, so I need a new phone a.s.a.p.

But my Wife got the MyTouch3G last year, and I hated it, it felt so slow and laggy, the touch screen seemed weird, like not registering my fingers all the time, and it seemed like a wannabe iPhone but poorly done. Is the Nexus-One a way better phone than the MyTouch ? I want to like Android just got turned off my first time using the MyTouch.

Oh and I did have an iPhone3G 2 yrs ago, I liked the phone, but hated the raping AT+T gave me every month, of $180 w/tax for full unlimited plan. And that phone had some wierd lag issues at times, so I dumped Apple. But I won't be surprised if the new iPhone4G is pretty killer, I hear Apple realizes Android is gaining ground, and the new 4G will be a much revised phone for the better. People keep saying the iPhone is getting old and dated, but I think they will be top dog again this Summer. And I am NO Apple fanboy at all, I do not plan to buy any products from them again, just stating the facts.

Main thing, is the Nexus-One a way better experience than the MyTouch ?

the mytouch is a pos compared to the nexus, my ex has the mytouch and there is no comparison honestly
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Swiched form a Nokia E71 (not E71x, ATT crippled crap). The Nokia was a great a phone, and the physical keyboard fantastic, very good for texting/emails, much superior to virtual keyboard. the battery life was phenomenal too, 3 days of heavy use easy with no in between charging. And I loved the physical heft and quality construction of the phone. But symbian is not really on par with modern phone os' es, and I love my new N1.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links