This charger or dock???

This is a discussion on This charger or dock??? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Should I get this charger: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cradle-DeskTop-Charger-Google-Nexus/dp/B0037M00L2]Amazon.com: USB Sync Dual Cradle DeskTop Charger HTC Google Nexus One - with 2nd Battery Charger: Cell Phones & Service[/ame] ...

Thread: This charger or dock???

Question This charger or dock???

Should I get this charger: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cradle-DeskTop-Charger-Google-Nexus/dp/B0037M00L2]Amazon.com: USB Sync Dual Cradle DeskTop Charger HTC Google Nexus One - with 2nd Battery Charger: Cell Phones & Service[/ame]

OR

Should I get the dock with this: 4U Spare Battery Charger with USB Port For HTC - HTC Nexus One - Fommy.com

I definately know that I am getting the 1600 mAh extended battery when I get the N1 for VZW and just wanted some feedback as to what you would choose and why.

Thank you!!!

:nexusx:~Miranda~:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From my experience with different phone accessories (~4 years) I have learned that knock off accessories (usually made in China or whatever) are cheaply made and can actually be worse. Especially with knock off batteries. If you get an extended battery you should be careful because I had a knock off battery once and it messed up my phone (Nokia N95). On the other hand, sometimes they can be good.

I personally have the Nexus One and the Dock and I love it. I've only had it for about a week but so far so good. I also bought an additional battery from Google for $25 (which by the way, is an EXCELLENT deal) and that works well too. I'm assuming you need yours for a quick swap out so I would suggest you go with the dock and the knock off battery charger.

Sorry it was such a long response lol I just wanted to explain all of that. Let me know if you have any more questions

I bought two batteries and one charger from a ebay vendor in HK. Takes about 10 days to receive. It comes with a USB wall plug charger + 2 HTC branded batteries. Been using those batteries over a week. Works fine

2 BB99100 Battery +USB Charger For HTC Google Nexus One - eBay (item 280475142818 end time Mar-08-10 13:42:38 PST)

Like I said, sometimes you do get good quality items. You never know

Quote Originally Posted by Nelagster View Post
    From my experience with different phone accessories (~4 years) I have learned that knock off accessories (usually made in China or whatever) are cheaply made and can actually be worse. Especially with knock off batteries. If you get an extended battery you should be careful because I had a knock off battery once and it messed up my phone (Nokia N95). On the other hand, sometimes they can be good.

I personally have the Nexus One and the Dock and I love it. I've only had it for about a week but so far so good. I also bought an additional battery from Google for $25 (which by the way, is an EXCELLENT deal) and that works well too. I'm assuming you need yours for a quick swap out so I would suggest you go with the dock and the knock off battery charger.

Sorry it was such a long response lol I just wanted to explain all of that. Let me know if you have any more questions

Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

I will probably take your advice and go with the dock and knock off charger =P

My other predicament is whether or not I should get the seidio 1600 mAh extended battery or the one that is sold on Google's site >.<

What do you think?

Honestly its not much more than the stock one so I would go with the Google one

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nelagster View Post
    Honestly its not much more than the stock one so I would go with the Google one
    Thank you again!!!!

I paid $30 for TWO HTC batteries + wall plug charger. Google stock battery is $25 for one.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I paid $30 for TWO HTC batteries + wall plug charger. Google stock battery is $25 for one.

True but I remember wanting to order a battery directly from Nokia one time and it was $70 so I opted for eBay instead. So $25 is really good compared to $70. (at least for me)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links