Got my nexus one... now what?

This is a discussion on Got my nexus one... now what? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So was thinking this could be a thread with informative advice to those who have just gotten their Nexus and don't know what to do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my nexus one... now what?

Got my nexus one... now what?

So was thinking this could be a thread with informative advice to those who have just gotten their Nexus and don't know what to do next.

Post comments on what you did, or advice that you wish you would've done.

1. Like for starters turn on and don't charge till dead?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    The purpose in the old days (using Nicad batteries, for example) was to ensure the cells did not prematurely suffer early charge memory issues. Since Li-ion/Li-poly cells do not suffer memory issues, the main reason to exhaust the cells after the first full charge (recommended in the manual) is to SET the charge parameters for the charging circuit, so the battery meter is most accurate. The charge circuit operates on a peak voltage algorithm (incorporating temperature and other factors), and it needs both the low-current value (ie: exhausted cell) and the full-charge value to make the on-board meter report accurately. It is not necessary to 'exercise' the cell, unless you believe you are not getting accurate cell life, and exhausting following with a full-charge (exercising) is the first troubleshooting technique in diagnosing battery issues.

2. Defintely get a cover and screen protector, best buy does a great job on screens and it only costs around 20 bucks.

Delete useless apps,backgrounds,ringtones etc..? i.e twitter etc....

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I would like to know too. I plan to get a Nexus-One this week. Dumping my BB 9700Bold, and former iPhone3G user.

Whats the best downloads and apps to install immediately ?

Somethings I really will want, and not sure if it is installed on the OS standard ?

- Visual Voicemail ?

- Accessing e-mail that is NOT @gmail ?

- Quick access to the phone contacts, or dialing much quicker ?

- Test messaging that makes it looks like the 9700Bold or iPhone ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    I would like to know too. I plan to get a Nexus-One this week. Dumping my BB 9700Bold, and former iPhone3G user.

Whats the best downloads and apps to install immediately ?

Somethings I really will want, and not sure if it is installed on the OS standard ?

- Visual Voicemail ?

- Accessing e-mail that is NOT @gmail ?

- Quick access to the phone contacts, or dialing much quicker ?

- Test messaging that makes it looks like the 9700Bold or iPhone ?

Thank you
    Great questions! Too bad I can't answer them lol

but ya that's what I had in mind with this thread I'll just edit and put the info on the first post.

About the email I was thinking the same thing I hav AOL address lol prehistoric I was thinking just abandoning it and create a gmail account. :rofl3:

For starters, use Google Voice in lieu of Visual VM. Secondly, use Handcent...same format of texting as iPhone, but better.

New Cell

When you say use Google Voice is this an app we will get at Marketplace or do we get it some ware else?

3xL
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    For starters, use Google Voice in lieu of Visual VM. Secondly, use Handcent...same format of texting as iPhone, but better.

the only thing i don't like about handcent is that sometimes messages wont send and with the popup feature, my virtual keyboard blocks out the typing field so i can't see what i'm texting.

also a BIG issues for me its that after u read the msg, it stays on your notification bar (sometimes tho but still annoying, yes i know about the settings)

i uses smspopup with the stock messenger and worksawesome! quick reply and everything..

the BEST thing about handcent? ANIMATED GIFS. something android never did for some crazy reason

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    When you say use Google Voice is this an app we will get at Marketplace or do we get it some ware else?
    Should already be in your app tray. It was in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    Like for starters turn on and don't charge till dead?
    This is an extremely moronic theory that has been floating around phone forums for a long time by those trying to impress novice users.

All that is accomplished is putting stress on the cells w/ possible damage.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chach View Post
    Like for starters turn on and don't charge till dead?
    This is an extremely moronic theory that has been floating around phone forums for a long time by those trying to impress novice users.

All that is accomplished is putting stress on the cells w/ possible damage.
    If its moronic, please post correct method for us N1 newbies (like myself).

3xL
    i don't see how its moranic when battery creator (like seido) specifically tell you to do this...

unless its a marketing tactic? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links