What's in store for 2.2 update ?

This is a discussion on What's in store for 2.2 update ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by acabbie voice dialing would be a big plus for me!!! Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the N1 already had ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: What's in store for 2.2 update ?

  1. #21
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by acabbie View Post
    voice dialing would be a big plus for me!!!
    Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the N1 already had voice dialing...
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  2. #22
    Member cabinets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acabbie View Post
    voice dialing would be a big plus for me!!!
    Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the N1 already had voice dialing...
    It does but not through bluetooth unfortunately.

  3. #23
    Senior Member jaeisber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeisber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by acabbie View Post
    voice dialing would be a big plus for me!!!
    Correct me if Im wrong, but I thought the N1 already had voice dialing...
    It does but not through bluetooth unfortunately.
    really? That is unfortunate. By BB Curve 8830 supports this feature.

    Well hopefully you are right then, Update 3.0
    Bought the AT&T N1.

  4. #24
    Junior Member swoosh0217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    28
    I ude my gps alot and it was draining my battery with maps,gps and 3G all running at the sametime. The voice was very muffled and sounded like a robot. Got tired of waiting for the update so I rooted my phone and now running a Cyanogen rom. I also hacked a navigon gps which is just now using only my gps and with better voice selection!

  5. #25
    3xL
    3xL is offline
    Member 3xL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    49
    Robotic voice? Hmmmmm that's weird. My phone is perfect. As far as battery goes I have my solution with a seidio. And maps is perfect. Maybe ur voice was muffled cuz u placed ur finger over the microphone by mistake when talking?

  6. #26
    Junior Member James Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Here's my list:

    1. Dalvik Turbo
    2. More options to improve battery life
    3. Better music app with plugins for Pandora, shoutcast, etc
    4. Apps2SD
    5. Support a sync application for music management
    6. I can't believe it's still missing: signature for email (not gmail)
    7. Trackball colors by notification type
    8. Voice dialing through bluetooth
    9. Support for video calling

    Bugs fixed:
    1. WiFi can't reconnect
    2. Soft buttons miscalibrated
    3. Auto brightness control is poor, pulses, never goes full-bright
    4. Camera has pink glow in center for light areas
    5. Frequent FC on launcher2 after some installs
    6. News and Weather app goes back to weather after reading story
    7. Gallery compresses pictures poorly/shows banding

  7. #27
    Senior Member iPhoneSlayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bell View Post
    Here's my list:

    1. Dalvik Turbo
    2. More options to improve battery life
    3. Better music app with plugins for Pandora, shoutcast, etc
    4. Apps2SD
    5. Support a sync application for music management
    6. I can't believe it's still missing: signature for email (not gmail)
    7. Trackball colors by notification type
    8. Voice dialing through bluetooth
    9. Support for video calling

    Bugs fixed:
    1. WiFi can't reconnect
    2. Soft buttons miscalibrated
    3. Auto brightness control is poor, pulses, never goes full-bright
    4. Camera has pink glow in center for light areas
    5. Frequent FC on launcher2 after some installs
    6. News and Weather app goes back to weather after reading story
    7. Gallery compresses pictures poorly/shows banding
    8. Share contacts via txt message
    9. More internal memory
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

  8. #28
    Android Jr Member mth04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    0
    I believe the next major update will be to 3.0. that doesn't mean update 2 to 2.1 won't come out

  9. #29
    Member koolbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James Bell View Post
    Here's my list:

    1. Dalvik Turbo
    2. More options to improve battery life
    3. Better music app with plugins for Pandora, shoutcast, etc
    4. Apps2SD
    5. Support a sync application for music management
    6. I can't believe it's still missing: signature for email (not gmail)
    7. Trackball colors by notification type
    8. Voice dialing through bluetooth
    9. Support for video calling

    Bugs fixed:
    1. WiFi can't reconnect
    2. Soft buttons miscalibrated
    3. Auto brightness control is poor, pulses, never goes full-bright
    4. Camera has pink glow in center for light areas
    5. Frequent FC on launcher2 after some installs
    6. News and Weather app goes back to weather after reading story
    7. Gallery compresses pictures poorly/shows banding
    8. Share contacts via txt message
    9. More internal memory

    Optional trackball wake please!

  10. #30
    Member jdd48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    74
    I am hearing lots of rumors about Exchange calendar and tasks sync being included natively in 3.0. That would be huge for not only the N1, but for Android as a whole. I've seen countless people say they would go N1 in a heartbeat if that one feature alone was included natively. Now if Android 3.0 has full ActiveSync included as well as connectivity for group based Cisco IPSec VPN's, I think the platform would have potential to explode in corporate settings.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint Battery Boost PLEASE READ IF YOU'VE BOUGHT
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Android Forum