What's in store for 2.2 update ?

This is a discussion on What's in store for 2.2 update ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Right now the current Android OS is 2.1, and only officially on the Nexus-One right ? While other phones like the DROID, etc...will be getting ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in store for 2.2 update ?

What's in store for 2.2 update ?

Right now the current Android OS is 2.1, and only officially on the Nexus-One right ? While other phones like the DROID, etc...will be getting the update very soon, but the N-One had it since launch almost 3 months ago ?

My question is, what is the next Android OS update ? Will it be 2.2 ? And I assume the Nexus-One will the first the receive it ?

- What does the next update offer over 2.1 ?

- Seems like updates come out every 2-3 months or so ? Is that a standard thing, or they vary ?

Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

3xL
    good questions...this forums pretty dead huh? i was trynna sign up over at androidforums but never got my activation code..

I was searching online and looks like the next Android update will NOT be 2.2 but actually 3.0 a major update at that. Rumors point to mid 2010 release. And that 4.0 will be coming in 2011.

So I would guess 3.0 will be held off and released right around the same time as the iPhone4G to compete with Apple, this Summer.

3xL
    knowing apple, they would probably just add like...i don't know.......camera effects? they SLOWLY upgrade their softwares man, its ridiculous.

Some people get tired of being kept in the dark (like me) and end up just rooting their phones and end up getting constant updates and enhancements. I rooted this early this month and already I have moved on to an updated ROM.

3xL
    my old ass symbian can multi task, thats not NEW....

to them? yes.

funny thing is that we all know apple can create the PERFECT phone, butthey just don't want to. its all marketing and profits..

3xL
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Some people get tired of being kept in the dark (like me) and end up just rooting their phones and end up getting constant updates and enhancements. I rooted this early this month and already I have moved on to an updated ROM.
    i've read about rooted android phones having issues with 3g and all thats...is this true?

3xL
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    i've read about rooted android phones having issues with 3g and all thats...is this true?
    Rooted or stock, this issue is hit and miss, depending on your cell tower/signal strength/location,etc.
    i see...

still i have no reason to root right now... i just need to fix my 3200mah battery issue and i'm fine

I wonder what changes 3.0 will bring about that are that drastic?

Ive yet to play with an Android phone, so I dont know what could be improved...but from what I hear from people, its a great OS.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

The issue is definitely hit or miss...I have been seeing a lot of rooted N1s for sale, since ATT announced the N1 availability on their 3g.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links