Rooting on Mac for Noobs?

This is a discussion on Rooting on Mac for Noobs? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm extremely sorry if anyone is irritated with this post but I am a total noob at this... I'm really looking forward to my Nexus ...

Thread: Rooting on Mac for Noobs?

Question Rooting on Mac for Noobs?

I'm extremely sorry if anyone is irritated with this post but I am a total noob at this...

I'm really looking forward to my Nexus experience as an ex-iPhone user.

I would like to know exactly what I need to do to root my N1.

Can someone please be kind enough to explain me step-by-step or perhaps give me a link to a website where everything is explained?

I'm pretty sure I should be following this guide:
    How to hack your Nexus One to run Cyanogen for a good performance boost (and some serious geek cred)

But I see on people's descriptions that there is way more than only Cyanogen's Mod.

I'd appreciate any help offered. Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I used that guide. Followed it exactly except I substituted the linked Cyanogen Mod's for the most current versions. Instructions should work for most any mod you want to install. The first 2/3rd's of that guide are just instructions to root your device. After that backing up and installing other mods becomes simple.

If you're still having problems, I can try helping you out. Nothing worked smoothly, even when following instructions to the tee. I'm pretty sure if you're having problems, I probably already ran into them.

Let me know.

cxm
    The simplest "walk-through" that I have found is:

Video Tutorial: Hack your Nexus One | DroidDog Android Blog

There is a 10 minute video that goes through the whole process along with links to all the files needed. He is using a mac in the video, although I think it is basically the same process on pc or mac

Thanks!

I just got my N1 today :D

I'm at school right now but as soon as I'm home ill look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBGKY View Post
    I used that guide. Followed it exactly except I substituted the linked Cyanogen Mod's for the most current versions. Instructions should work for most any mod you want to install. The first 2/3rd's of that guide are just instructions to root your device. After that backing up and installing other mods becomes simple.
    I'm using this guide and was stuck on instruction # 19. My Nexus One was stuck on nexus one x logo and lock icon on the bottom. I tried performing instruction #20 but still my phone is not rebooting. I'm using mac.

Please HELP. Thanks in advance.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links