Does Nexus One do these?

This is a discussion on Does Nexus One do these? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hello, I tried out the Nexus one. When it was first released it wouldn't sync MS Exchange calendar events or select folders for syncing with ...

Thread: Does Nexus One do these?

Does Nexus One do these?

hello,

I tried out the Nexus one. When it was first released it wouldn't sync MS Exchange calendar events or select folders for syncing with Exchange. You could buy Touchdown to get around this shortcoming but while I liked touchdown, it seemed to much all in one as opposed to native apps like WM has or iphone has.

1 Does it now let you do this natively - both calendar sync with MS exchange and select folders?

2 Is there a voice command app so that I can dial by name from my address book using my BT headset? I'd like to also dial by number.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by boe View Post
    hello,

I tried out the Nexus one. When it was first released it wouldn't sync MS Exchange calendar events or select folders for syncing with Exchange. You could buy Touchdown to get around this shortcoming but while I liked touchdown, it seemed to much all in one as opposed to native apps like WM has or iphone has.

1 Does it now let you do this natively - both calendar sync with MS exchange and select folders?

2 Is there a voice command app so that I can dial by name from my address book using my BT headset? I'd like to also dial by number.
    not sure about #1, but the N1 currently cannot receive BT voice commands.

[quote=thedaego;30626]
    quote]
    Thanks for the info. I really can't use a phone without either of these features.

Do you happen to know if that is a limitation of android or just the Nexus One? I have an old WM phone that does these things but I'd like to buy something new with a large screen. The Nexus one has nice hardware and perhaps the rumored supersonic will have nice hardware as well. I have no problem with switch from WM to android if has these features but can't do it until Android can do these things.

[quote=boe;30647]
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaego View Post
    quote]
    Thanks for the info. I really can't use a phone without either of these features.

Do you happen to know if that is a limitation of android or just the Nexus One? I have an old WM phone that does these things but I'd like to buy something new with a large screen. The Nexus one has nice hardware and perhaps the rumored supersonic will have nice hardware as well. I have no problem with switch from WM to android if has these features but can't do it until Android can do these things.
    My understanding is that it is a limitation imposed by Android but I'm not sure why they chose to impose it. You can see the feature request / bug reports here:

Issue 1412 - android - [VoiceDial] Bluetooth "voice dial" event doesn't launch Voice Dialer - Project Hosting on Google Code

Issue 1181 - android - [VoiceDial] Voice confirmation for Voice Dialer - Project Hosting on Google Code

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links