Pics are rasterized/pixelated when sending MMS

This is a discussion on Pics are rasterized/pixelated when sending MMS within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When I take a pic with the N1 built in camera and try to attach it to a text, it seems to rasterize or pixelate ...

Thread: Pics are rasterized/pixelated when sending MMS

Pics are rasterized/pixelated when sending MMS

When I take a pic with the N1 built in camera and try to attach it to a text, it seems to rasterize or pixelate the image and it is just horrible. I am using Handcent SMS and have changed the maximum MMS size to 1meg, but noticed no difference in the picture quality. Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by idslamyou View Post
    When I take a pic with the N1 built in camera and try to attach it to a text, it seems to rasterize or pixelate the image and it is just horrible. I am using Handcent SMS and have changed the maximum MMS size to 1meg, but noticed no difference in the picture quality. Any ideas?
    I think the problem is there's a maximum set for most of the carriers when sending picture messages, which I believe around 300kb.

So though you may take a picture that is 3mb or higher it is resized for transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by idslamyou View Post
    I think the problem is there's a maximum set for most of the carriers when sending picture messages, which I believe around 300kb.

So though you may take a picture that is 3mb or higher it is resized for transmission.
    But why did they send nice and crisp with my iphone? Or when I receive a MMS from an iphone user the pics are nice and clear.

Resolution on the Nexus One and iPhone are very different. That probably explains the difference you see in picture quality.

I'm having the opposite problem. I'll send a picture and the reciever sees it in full 5 mp but when I receive a picture from them it is so blurry I can barely tell what it is. The cameras taking these pics are 5 mp cameras off of moto droids and HTC heros
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by lrsone View Post
    Resolution on the Nexus One and iPhone are very different. That probably explains the difference you see in picture quality.
    But then the pics I send should be clearer correct? since the camera is better on the N1? Even when I preview the pic in Handcent, it is pixelated, so it is happening before it is sent.

If you are running cyanogen's ROM than under messaging>menu>settings>custom user agent>pick default Android

I know some people were having problems with it not automatically picking this setting when flashing ROM. If your running stock ROM.... sorry don't know a fix then.

I'm running a stock ROM. I just tried to use the default messaging system and the pic I took is nice and clear. So it is only happening in Handcent. Nobody else that is using Handcent is having this problem?

Hey,
    I have the same problem as you. It will work perfectly if I take a photo with the normal camera app on the Nexus and either:
    a) 'Share via Handcent' from the Camera app or;
    b) 'Attach from file' from within Handcent and choose the photo I want to send

Photos would be nice and crisp that way (My carrier limits me to 300kb, I think, so that's what I have the limit set to.

If, however, I take a photo from within Handcent and send that, it'll only be 8kb or so and be as fuzzy as anything!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links