did anyone see the htc evo yet

This is a discussion on did anyone see the htc evo yet within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; that phone blow the nexus one out of the water specs wise, and it's 4g. man, now i want that phone. i love my nexus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did anyone see the htc evo yet

did anyone see the htc evo yet

that phone blow the nexus one out of the water specs wise, and it's 4g. man, now i want that phone. i love my nexus one, it's the best phone i've had yet, but this new htc evo is even better. what do you guys think. link below to the htc evo

HTC EVO 4G coming to Sprint's WiMAX network in summer

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Meh... personally I like the phone specs and how it raises the bar in certain things but there are two major issues with the EVO 4g for me:

#1 exclusive for sprint - just like the iPhone for ATT, exclusive agreements are a selfish business tactic. I think of it like if a car company said they would sell me a new honda civic for $7,500... but with a interest rate of 50% for 5 years and if I canceled there would be a $7,500 cancellation fee. I would tell the car company to kiss off. I would much rather support a great company like Google that thinks of the customer first by coming out with an amazing phone and giving their customers the choice of carrier and subsidized or not.

#2 tired of chasing - the N1 is the "perfect" phone for me. I traded in an iPhone 3gs because the N1 fulfilled all of my needs. I live in SoCal so T-Mo coverage is great and only $34/mo data plan versus a $70/mo plan with the other carriers. I can tether without breaking my warranty. I can use a spare battery to last all day. I dont have to worry about scratching. I can make free gizmo/gv calls. I cant think of anything more that I need. 4g speeds? 3g here in SoCal is very fast for me and I dont need anything more. The 3.7 screen size is great for me since I dont want a tablet in my pocket. Front facing camera? I use gizmo to make calls with my data only plan so I wouldnt be able to use it anyways.

This thing is a beast.

overkill. sprint is lame. i like my phone.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Why can't the n1 do HD video?

Because the N1 is too old xO
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

LOL!

There will ALWAYS be the next phone. I like the Evo but its so large and bulky to me. 8mp camera is something i WANT, but nothing about the phone makes me GOTTA have it.

Now, if a phone that wasn't Sprint Exclusive came along with all of that AND a slideout keyboard, I'd probably get rid of my nexus for it. Personally I think the HTC HD2 looks better than the Exo.

Till then I'm happy with my Nexus!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Personally, I think the N1 looks waaay better :nexusx:
    Nexus One (US spec), 16GB MicroSD, FroYo 2.2 (FRF50)

And I think it's also safe to assume that the N1 will receive OS updates a lot quicker than any other android phone.

Check this out guys...RE: "tired of chasing". TMO announced this week that THEY have a phone coming out that is 4times faster than 4g (HPSA+) so I mean what in the world...I would really like to see them improve on the products out right now, reduce some prices and start creating an environment that encourages folks to want to be in an exclusive relationship with their carrier, and improve customer service. This coming out and that coming out...get your networks in place up to par and start listening to the consumer......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links