Empty Box Delivered

This is a discussion on Empty Box Delivered within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; One other thought crossed my mind ... you didn't pay for shipping, Google did! I think this is another point on your side for who ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Empty Box Delivered

One other thought crossed my mind ... you didn't pay for shipping, Google did! I think this is another point on your side for who is responsible. In their "do no evil" philosophy, they should just fork over another phone without question and deal with the problem themselves.

Maybe we should join together and all start emailing them on your behalf.

I agree about contacting your credit card company. That is a really messed up situation and I feel for you. I'm glad I had no issues because I would have been pissed and, probably wouldn't even want the phone anymore after it was all over.

I think Google should send you another phone and, deal with DHL themselves.

Yeah, I'm going to start hounding Google now pretty hard. DHL is investigating but I have the feeling it will take a long time to get anything done with them. I have contacted the Peel Regional Police Department in Brampton to let them know that my property was stolen by a DHL employee. I don't know if DHL has involved the police yet and I don't care. Hopefully a phone call from the cops will light a fire under DHL's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    One other thought crossed my mind ... you didn't pay for shipping, Google did! I think this is another point on your side for who is responsible. In their "do no evil" philosophy, they should just fork over another phone without question and deal with the problem themselves.

Maybe we should join together and all start emailing them on your behalf.
    Any help you can give would be great! I'll send you a pm with my info.

I never thought of this before someone suggested it to me but I posted a message regarding this at the Nexus One forum. If anyone wants to reply there in support it would be appreciated.

Here's the link:

DHL employee stole my phone during shipment - Android Help

You will get your phone eventually. Google is probably waiting for the DHL Stolen goods claim outcome. The reason is because sometimes the lost/stolen item will be recovered intact by the shipper and delivered. The merchant will not send anything until the claim window is up. I know it sucks but it's what most companies that ship goods have to go through.

For example, I work for a company that ships auto parts. When a package is lost/stolen, we file a claim the carrier (with UPS or FedEx) or if shipped via US Postal, we have the customer file the claim (USPS' policy...). We then wait for the claim to be resolved. If the carrier accepts liability, we get refunded and ship another package. If the carrier says they aren't liable, we either ship a replacement or issue a refund (depending on customer's decision).
    It isn't uncommon for the package to show up a few days later. That's why we don't send out a new package as soon as an issue is reported. More often than not, our customer would end up getting the same order twice.
    Regardless of the outcome of the claim, the customer ALWAYS gets the order fulfilled or he/she gets their money back. But you have to realize that it takes time for the parties involved to come to a conclusion. You just have to be patient.

I don't know the usual turn around on a claim from DHL, but I know that in the case of UPS/FedEx it can take up to 14 days. I know it sucks, but that's how it is.

Also, in my experience (in the US) Police do not really care about stolen packages. They know that either way, the shipper will cover it (packages are insured) or the customer will get his money back from his credit card company. Only when there is a high incidence of stolen packages from the same hub, will the matter be investigated. And that is done by the actual shipping company, not the police.

If I were you, I would notify the credit card company of the situation (unless you used a debit card in which case you may have to write it up as a lesson on how to do future online purchases). But I am pretty confident that in the end you'll either have a new package shipped out to you or be refunded by Google or your CC company. The whole thing is how long you are willing to wait patiently for DHL to give a decision on the claim.

But please remember that before you go around screaming "CHARGEBACK!" left and right to every single google employee you talk to, wait for the claim to be done. Do not file a claim and immediately call your CC company. All that does is close all communications with the seller and then you risk not getting any help or any money back (google can provide shipping info and a delivered status, so your CC company may not even rule in your favor)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoPI View Post
    You will get your phone eventually. Google is probably waiting for the DHL Stolen goods claim outcome. The reason is because sometimes the lost/stolen item will be recovered intact by the shipper and delivered. The merchant will not send anything until the claim window is up. I know it sucks but it's what most companies that ship goods have to go through.

For example, I work for a company that ships auto parts. When a package is lost/stolen, we file a claim the carrier (with UPS or FedEx) or if shipped via US Postal, we have the customer file the claim (USPS' policy...). We then wait for the claim to be resolved. If the carrier accepts liability, we get refunded and ship another package. If the carrier says they aren't liable, we either ship a replacement or issue a refund (depending on customer's decision).
    It isn't uncommon for the package to show up a few days later. That's why we don't send out a new package as soon as an issue is reported. More often than not, our customer would end up getting the same order twice.
    Regardless of the outcome of the claim, the customer ALWAYS gets the order fulfilled or he/she gets their money back. But you have to realize that it takes time for the parties involved to come to a conclusion. You just have to be patient.

I don't know the usual turn around on a claim from DHL, but I know that in the case of UPS/FedEx it can take up to 14 days. I know it sucks, but that's how it is.

Also, in my experience (in the US) Police do not really care about stolen packages. They know that either way, the shipper will cover it (packages are insured) or the customer will get his money back from his credit card company. Only when there is a high incidence of stolen packages from the same hub, will the matter be investigated. And that is done by the actual shipping company, not the police.

If I were you, I would notify the credit card company of the situation (unless you used a debit card in which case you may have to write it up as a lesson on how to do future online purchases). But I am pretty confident that in the end you'll either have a new package shipped out to you or be refunded by Google or your CC company. The whole thing is how long you are willing to wait patiently for DHL to give a decision on the claim.
    Thanks for the advise and information. It gives me a better insight into the problem. I'll be contacting my credit card company Monday for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mur3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OctoPI View Post

Thanks for the advise and information. It gives me a better insight into the problem. I'll be contacting my credit card company Monday for sure.
    But please remember that before you go around screaming "CHARGEBACK!" left and right to every single google employee you talk to, wait for the claim to be done. Do not file a claim and immediately call your CC company. All that does is close all communications with the seller and then you risk not getting any help or any money back (google can provide shipping info and a delivered status, so your CC company may not even rule in your favor)

Well, check out my last paragraph I just added. Hold off until the time window given to you by DHL/Google is up. The key here is patience (which I understand is tough to come with especially when anxiously waiting on your new :nexusx: )

JimMariner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mur3 View Post
    I never thought of this before someone suggested it to me but I posted a message regarding this at the Nexus One forum. If anyone wants to reply there in support it would be appreciated.

Here's the link:

DHL employee stole my phone during shipment - Android Help
    You have had a reply over there Mur3, cut and paste below !
    ================================================
    Reply 1 of 1

Nexus.TS
    Level 1
    7:28 PM

Wow, First off i just want to say man you need to get your phone! Here is how! Call nexus one support from Google: 1-800-84nexus. Yes this is a valid #, They are going to file an internal ticket that will have there team that deals with shipping and other fruad related issues with checkout. When they recive the ticket it will take 72 hours for then to recontact you with the intial info of whats going on while they perform and internl aduit/ investigation with DHL. In the end if your claim is valid which i would say yes for sure, pervided you are not as dishonest as the bad egg that happend to work for DHL at the moment and hopfully for all users no longer.
    But i digress, as for the # you have not sure what it is for support for phone and shipping but there has only been one # and it has not changed 1-800-48nexus. i would say that the box showing up goes to show that your order went through, not that google made bad choices in a shipping partner that happens to have an idividual that is moraly deficiant.
    Hope all this Helps!

Mine arrived in Toronto on Friday at 5:45pm, but it was a complete nightmare!

As of Thursday night all tracking of the package had stopped up updating on the DHL website. I called them at 10am Friday to inquire and guess what... they lost the package

I spent the entire day in my office on the phone with them, must have called 20 times and they called me back a few times too. Nobody had any idea what happened. I had given up hope when at 5:45pm the DHL driver showed-up with the phone.

But here's the kicker. At 6pm DHL calls me again and says they've located the package in a sorting bin at their Brampton location and they have set it aside for delivery Monday or I could go pick it up before 7pm

I said to the guy "But the package just arrived and it had my name on it. Everything was inside the box as it was suppose to be". He says (very nonchalantly) "ok, have a nice day."

Are you kidding me!!?? What kind of a Micky Mouse operation are they??? I'll NEVER, EVER use DHL again and I'll make sure everyone I know is aware of how poorly they run their business.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links