Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

This is a discussion on Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was at the tmo store today and played a little bit with the HD2. The screen is really nice and all. The cpu is ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

I was at the tmo store today and played a little bit with the HD2. The screen is really nice and all. The cpu is fast, scrolling through menus was nice and effortless. But when I surf the web using opera browser and pinch and zoom, it was laggy and scrolling down the page was the same(stutters)somewhat. And when I viewed the google maps, it was even worse. It stutters and not smooth at all especially when you move around the screen, it isn't like the N1(not saying N1 is perfect in every aspect)but ya. The stuttering got me there. I'm pretty sure there's an update for that. Go for N1 instead.

hd2 = Microsoft. Good luck.

I would take any Android phone hands down over any with Windows Mobile 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    My Wife got the MyTouch3G last year, and to be honest I hate that phone, it felt like a wannabe iPhone just poorly done so, very laggy, the touch screen felt unresponsive 50% of the time, the MyTouch3G feels like a smart phone not ready for prime time. If I go N-One, I hope to God it is way way better than the MyTouch, it left a very bad taste in my mouth for Android, and I want to like Android, I hate Apple.
    WAY BETTER THAN THE MYTOUCH. I Wanted the N1 so bad, but I didn't want to pay full price, and I already have a family plan, and the STUPID Google system wouldn't let me buy the phone because I was an existing customer. Even if I fixed the problem, I didn't want to buy it at 279 which is the price for existing customers.

So I ran out and bought the MyTouch. Hated every minute of it. It was SOOOOO slow, laggy and pretty much like the Wing Tmobile had a few years back, only slightly better.

So I researched and researched the N1, and decided I'll get my wife who doesn't have an account on Tmobile to buy it for me, and then just cancel my account. So I went for it. Got the NEXUS ONE BABY!! It WAS so different. FC's on Mytouch because I didn't have the patience to wait for it, and would push buttons and force apps trying to close. That never happens on N1. You couldn't blink in time for the apps to open on N1! That is an amazing Snapdragon processor!!!

Flash is another consideration and WM6.5 will not support Flash, and I want Flash!!!!!
    Nexus One - CyanogenMod-5.0.6-N1
    Amon_RA Recovery v1.7.0
    2.6.33.2-cyanogenmod
    kmobs@ubuntu #3
    BUILD: EPE54B
    Baseband: 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2
    Swype BETA : NexTHEME Morph
    Juice Defender
    Follow me on Twitter

htc hd2 is obnoxiously large. the nexus is so sleek. not to mention WM sucks. trust me get the nexus one.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Nexus One = Data only plan option $40/mo with free gizmo calls

HD2 = $70-80 per month for useless voice minutes

Makes things crystal clear for me...
    Android evergrowing app market vs well you get the picture.
    Sorry but as soon as 7 comes out the win market will eventually BLOW AWAY android market. Sorry but the downside of andriids open nature is a buttload of **** apps clogging the market. At least less crap on winmo.
    With that being said I wouldn't buy the HD2 because not upgradeable to 7

How can you say the windows mobile will blow away the android market? Thats just stupid. First of all coming from a developers standpoint, the android market provides free dev tools and a vast knowledgebase and many forums for support. The windows mobile dev tools require you have Visual Studio.Net and the last time i checked you needed the enterprise edition which at least as of a couple years ago was $2499 per license. The average do it yourself developer cannot afford the price to tinker with windows mobile. I know i've made a few apps for windows mobile within the last couple years. While Visual Studio is a nice platform to develop on, its just too costly to keep up to date. The iphone has free dev tools which is why so many apps have appeared in such a short time period. The andoroid also has free dev tools. The advantage the android has is less red tape to get an app approved and thus the app is available for sale that much quicker. Imo the android market has alot of potential and if the snowball keeps rolling it will eclipse the iphone within a short amount of time.

Please don't type in 1 long paragraph

Ok i started off in the smart phone industry with the samsung black jack, then the htc touch pro, then the palm treo pro.. From there i moved to the BB Bold and now the N1.

I don't care what hardware is in a phone and how big the screen is. it doesn't do you a darn bit of good when it's powering the absolute worst pos mobile os on the market for smart phones. Every single win mobile phone i've ever seen lags, stutters and is just a nightmare. Let alone, there is no market for apps. The apps that do exist are quite pricey, you may want to look into that.

Android does have a ton of apps. there are a lot of useless/stupid ones on the market. The market does need a little work for sorting etc. Besides that android is young and it's doing extremely well. At the current stand point i promise you performance wise the N1 won't just beat the HD2, it will completely blow it away.

Look around on the xda market and you'll see people trading and selling win mobile phones to get android ones. you won't see vice versa, especially from the N1.

I have owned the nexus one for about a month now on tmobile and just recently got the hd2 this afternoon on an upgrade because they were running a promo on buy 1 get 1 free on smart phones and my girlfriend wanted to add a line. So take it from me and get the nexus one. Tons more apps and so much more to do with the phone as far as productivity and smoothness all the way to customization. The windows market literally has about 200 apps and a lot of them you have to pay for. The screen is simply beautiful and watching transformers the picture quality is simply amazing for a phone. Are you actually going to sit there and watch an entire movie on your phone..i doubt it. The sense ui is very cool too. Thats about where it stops. My sim is back in my nexus one just because I truely am happy with it. Smoothness. Very fast browser. Google maps. Tons of great free apps. Beautiful display. I'm really not saying this because this is a nexus one forum Im being honest. They say there is a way to make the hd2 android capable so Im waiting for that leak and then it will be there. Windows market offers virtually nothing though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links