Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

This is a discussion on Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Smaller, more polished funtionality and ease of use. Beautiful screen. And voice to text built in and it works really really well....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

My vote would be for N1

Smaller, more polished funtionality and ease of use.

Beautiful screen.

And voice to text built in and it works really really well.

HD2 is cheaper, but it requires a data plan. N1 does not require a data plan, which may be cheaper for the long run.

I would go with HD2, but the data requirement takes off my list.
    I would get a T-Mobile N1 on AT&T network just to make sure they will not impose a 3G data plan on me.

having made the move from windoze to android, there is no way i'd want to go back. The HD2 will only run windows mobile 6.5 and will not be capable of running phone 7 which in itself will not be available until the end of the year at the earliest!

I was an avid windows mobile user having bought my first windows mobile phone in 2002 but i had to concede that development was moving along at a snails pace and the OS hadn't really changed in the 8 years. I bought myself the N1 and boy what a difference! Suddenly i have an incredible amount of apps at my finger tips, speed and very few crashes/screen freezes.

It's your cash and you make your choices so i wish you well.

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    HD2 is cheaper, but it requires a data plan. N1 does not require a data plan, which may be cheaper for the long run.

I would go with HD2, but the data requirement takes off my list.
    I would get a T-Mobile N1 on AT&T network just to make sure they will not impose a 3G data plan on me.
    Actually at&t will stick you with the $30 a month plan. They did it to me and a few others on this forum.

according to at&t even though it can't use their 3G it's still a smart phone.

Even if you do not choose a data plan?

In my post I meant having a voice only plan, no data.

i too went and played with an hd2 yesterday. windows mobile is just TERRIBLE. the screen is humongous and good resolution. but it is quite laggy.
    i dont think ill ever leave android for windows mobile, i used to love windows when i had the dash way back when, but android just blows it away. especially since there talking of 3.0 come mid year.

hands down N1 wins
    :nexusx: user since mid February 2010
    Rooted on March 10, 2010
    Cyanogen Latest
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    EPE54B
    Desire Camera
    OC-UV Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    Even if you do not choose a data plan?

In my post I meant having a voice only plan, no data.
    If you give them your IMEI number they will know it's a smart phone and stick you with the data plan.

I even went a step forward and had EDGE blocked on my phone.

I think HTC missed the mark again with HD2, since it came so late in the US and it won't be upgradable to windows mobile 7.

Thanks for all the replies, I am definately going with the N-One, just not sure if I shouyld stick with T-Mo and get one off Craiglist I have seen for sale,, or switch to Verizon ?

And the HD2 is late to the party, if it came out over the holiday shopping season before the Nexus, and was advertised heavily, it would have been a giant for T-Mobile, but in my opinion coming out 3+ months too late, and now we know WinMo 7 will not be an option for it, and other Android phones coming soon, the HD2 is already dated and old.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, I am definately going with the N-One, just not sure if I shouyld stick with T-Mo and get one off Craiglist I have seen for sale,, or switch to Verizon ?

And the HD2 is late to the party, if it came out over the holiday shopping season before the Nexus, and was advertised heavily, it would have been a giant for T-Mobile, but in my opinion coming out 3+ months too late, and now we know WinMo 7 will not be an option for it, and other Android phones coming soon, the HD2 is already dated and old.
    The deciding factor my depend on what providers are good in your area and/or if your willing to wait for the verizon version to launch. In my area t-mobile is horrible and at&t is rock solid, there for it's not a tough decision. If you prefer verizon and your willing to wait, then that could be an option also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links