Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

This is a discussion on Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am on T-Mobile, and my BlackBerry 9700Bold is a piece of garbage, with dropped calls 90% of the time, spotty internet connection, and voice ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

Need a new phone a.s.a.p. N-One or HD2 ?

I am on T-Mobile, and my BlackBerry 9700Bold is a piece of garbage, with dropped calls 90% of the time, spotty internet connection, and voice mails come up all at once hours late sometimes. I have read that it is most likely the 9700Bold, it has a bad radio hardware, and is known to be FAIL.

So of the 2 phones I am looking at on T-Mo, would be the Nexus-One or maybe the brand new HTC HD2 ? I know the hottest new phone will be the Sprint EVO 4G "Supersonic", but it is a good 4 months away still, I can't wait that long.

Opinions please.

My Smartphone history, I had the iPhone3G few yrs ago, liked it, didn't LOVE it, but thought it was a pretty cool phone, but the AT+T raping on the monthly bill was insane so I sold it. My Wife got the MyTouch3G last year, and to be honest I hate that phone, it felt like a wannabe iPhone just poorly done so, very laggy, the touch screen felt unresponsive 50% of the time, the MyTouch3G feels like a smart phone not ready for prime time. If I go N-One, I hope to God it is way way better than the MyTouch, it left a very bad taste in my mouth for Android, and I want to like Android, I hate Apple.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post
    I am on T-Mobile, and my BlackBerry 9700Bold is a piece of garbage, with dropped calls 90% of the time, spotty internet connection, and voice mails come up all at once hours late sometimes. I have read that it is most likely the 9700Bold, it has a bad radio hardware, and is known to be FAIL.

So of the 2 phones I am looking at on T-Mo, would be the Nexus-One or maybe the brand new HTC HD2 ? I know the hottest new phone will be the Sprint EVO 4G "Supersonic", but it is a good 4 months away still, I can't wait that long.

Opinions please.

My Smartphone history, I had the iPhone3G few yrs ago, liked it, didn't LOVE it, but thought it was a pretty cool phone, but the AT+T raping on the monthly bill was insane so I sold it. My Wife got the MyTouch3G last year, and to be honest I hate that phone, it felt like a wannabe iPhone just poorly done so, very laggy, the touch screen felt unresponsive 50% of the time, the MyTouch3G feels like a smart phone not ready for prime time. If I go N-One, I hope to God it is way way better than the MyTouch, it left a very bad taste in my mouth for Android, and I want to like Android, I hate Apple.
    Join us! We have cake and ice cream on Wednesdays. The HTC HD2 people have Drag Thursdays. So it's all up to your preference.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I'm in the same boat as you. HD2 or Nexus 1? Hmmmm. I must say that I'm leaning towards the HD2. The huge screen is gorgeous and on a touch screen only phone, bigger=better. Not to mention that besides having practically the same specs (or even slightly better), the HD2 is 80 dollars cheaper! Why can't google lower the price of the N1!? The HD2 did it, why can't they!? Plus HD2 comes with a 16gb msd card while the N1 only comes with a 4gb card. Yet its still cheaper!!! WTF Google!!! So yeah I don't know yet but I'm leaning towards the HD2. The only thing is that I love Android. I haven't used WM but from the videos it looks really nice with Sense on top of it. Oh well.

Nexus One. I don't have to explain why. It's an N1 message board. I'm biased!

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Nexus One. I don't have to explain why. It's an N1 message board. I'm biased!
    Maybe they like Drag Thursdays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nexus one. hands down.
    Rooted Nexus One
    Amon_RA-nexus-v2.0.0
    32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08 Korean Radio
    Wildmonk's 2.6.35.9_SVS-950mV_CFS_AXI_720p_1152MHz_120210
    MIUI ROM 0.11.26
    SWG V1.2 Theme

Follow Me On Twitter

HD2 = BIG and BULKY. And its running on a Microsoft OS, fail. Nuff said.
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

Nexus One = Data only plan option $40/mo with free gizmo calls

HD2 = $70-80 per month for useless voice minutes

Makes things crystal clear for me...

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Nexus One = Data only plan option $40/mo with free gizmo calls

HD2 = $70-80 per month for useless voice minutes

Makes things crystal clear for me...
    Android evergrowing app market vs well you get the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would say Nexus One. I really love the HD2 and i'm trying to be as unbiased as possible. The HD2 screen is big and gorgeous but compared to the AMOLED it isn't that vibrant. Screen size vs color. On that one I would still pick the HD2 since 4.3' is really awsome. Design wise the HD2 wins again. Most of it comes down to the operating system, Win Mob 6.5 vs Android 2.1. Android has a bright and promising future while Win Mob 6.5 doesn't. Pretty soon when Windows 7 Mobile comes out 6.5 is going to be left to die. And no it is already said HD2 cannot be upgraded to Windows 7 Mobile despite its amazing hardware. Flash support was very important for me and I heard it wasn't coming to that phone so that was my deal breaker.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links