Real reason for Nexus S / Gingerbread Delay?

This is a discussion on Real reason for Nexus S / Gingerbread Delay? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Was the Samsung Nexus S 86'd and replaced with a dual-core model? - Phone Arena Interesting. And in fact do not want it, especially now ...

Thread: Real reason for Nexus S / Gingerbread Delay?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar

Real reason for Nexus S / Gingerbread Delay?

Was the Samsung Nexus S 86'd and replaced with a dual-core model? - Phone Arena

Interesting. And in fact do not want it, especially now that the phone would be rushed according to this detail of the Tegra 2. And if Tegra 2 is not optimized yet for Gingerbread, all I can say is wooooow.

Seems to be another fumble part on both parties involved. More importantly it concerns me about the real future of Tegra 2 being a stable processor for Android.
    Androidfied.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not so sure that story is accurate. I have a hard time believing Samsung would delay the phone that was supposed to introduce Gingerbread just to increase the number processors, especially so close to the speculated release date. If Google had contracted with Samsung to build this phone there is no way Google would have allowed Samsung to delay the phone or change the specs in such a way that it required a re-working of Gingerbread. It just wouldn't happen, Google wouldn't sign a contract to create a phone with Samsung if the contract allowed Samsung that much leeway...heck, no one would sign a contract like that if they had any business sense. Further, how pissed would Google be at this point? They now have to re-do parts of Gingerbread because Samsung says so? Yeah right. And Samsung would have basically ruined any chance of ever working with Google again if they pulled a stunt like that. I think it is much more likely that there were actually serious hardware issues and this is just a cover-up so either Samsung or Google doesn't look quite as bad. Or maybe these are all just rumors and the Nexus S/2 will be out next week along with Gingerbread.

Ya unless Google are with Samsung on making it dual core. I mean this would make sense make gingerbread both work on dual core and single core cause I mean if they do that then the next update (honeycomb) doesn`t have to be so soon and gives them time to add in more awesome features. It would also make sense because Google isn`t stupid they probably saw that there were complaints about this phone and maybe they just said to Samsung something like ``screw this phone I want something epic like the nexus was, so make it have front camera s-amoled and dual core. And if you can try and fix the cheep plastic maybe with metal´´ Ok well maybe I am going over bord with the plastic but I guy can hope right.

Or maybe it was more like Samsung who came up to Google and said ``can we make it dual core´´ and Google said something like ``well if you want but the press is on your back if there are complaints´´

Or maybe I am talking for nothing and there is actually going to be nothing with dual core cause none of this is proven.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Well getting the dual core would appeal to me much more than the 1.2gHz chip. Plus this would be a good thing for it being a front runner phone with Tegra 2. So many will be coming out, they can have the kinks worked out for Gingerbread release. Using these type of phones do nothing but help improve the function of the Android OS.

I wouldn't get the first ones that come out, cause they have to get the kinks worked out plus they will test phones, but I would get one eventually.

I can't get over the ugly appear, but the phone itself slowly is winning me over. We'll see what will happen down the line.
    Androidfied.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links