is it me or does the nexus S look ugly?

This is a discussion on is it me or does the nexus S look ugly? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm just not into 'piano black' cell phones...they heat up like crazy in the sun (central valley California routinely goes 100+ for days on end), ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is it me or does the nexus S look ugly?

I'm just not into 'piano black' cell phones...they heat up like crazy in the sun (central valley California routinely goes 100+ for days on end), and anything black outside=quick death. There's a reason lots of folks wanted a white iPhone, and it had nothing to do with 'style'...

Quote Originally Posted by card0124 View Post
    What I dislike most is the design on the back. I will admit I really like the front.
    Hmmm, actually I think I agree with you

They can keep the front it looks OK, slap on the unibody metal band that goes around the side and back like the N1 and it will look much better already! I'd settle for a metal finish, it doesn't have to be unibody... But PLEASE get rid of the plastic!

Reading from Engadget, they did say it looks a little rough to be the final, so there MIGHT be a chance there will be revision made? I hope so!

The fact that the Omnia 7 has metal finish on the back and sides shows that Samsung HAS the ability to make phones without the yucky gloss.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by koolbon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    Here is a report about an LG phone which is now supposed to be the first dual core Android phone, at least according to the rumor du jour. Who knows which of these rumors turn out to be right (if any of them are), but I will say the LG is one damn good looking phone. Blows the Nexus S out of the water in my opinion.

Link to story

The front looks even more like iPhone than the samsung phone. I don't know if I like the back either.
    i completely agree

I guess one thing the Nexus S would have going for it over the LG would be that it would be first to get any updates as google has its hand in it. While I agree that the LG is way better looking would it get the updates quickly like the Nexus S.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Samsung takes the lead in Android sales - DriversHQ.com

One reason why it was a sensible reason to run with Samsung.
    Androidfied.

So the device was released a couple of days ago and not only is it ugly but the technology is not that breath taking. I think I will get myself a Desire HD tommorow at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    @Tony lol, you know that. @dude in this context i am using the ugly for unattractive. I really think its the worst looking android fone to be released in the past 12 months.

Generally speaking I like the specs & that but the design is def a step down for nexus. Its an ok looking phone if comparing all mobile brands but for the android family I don't get why Samsung didn't take full advantage of the situation.

i know it wasnt released in the last 12 months, but the g1 was one of the ugliest phones ever. i would take any samsung, even maybe a dumb phone design over that crap

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    @Tony lol, you know that. @dude in this context i am using the ugly for unattractive. I really think its the worst looking android fone to be released in the past 12 months.

Generally speaking I like the specs & that but the design is def a step down for nexus. Its an ok looking phone if comparing all mobile brands but for the android family I don't get why Samsung didn't take full advantage of the situation.

i know it wasnt released in the last 12 months, but the g1 was one of the ugliest phones ever. i would take any samsung, even maybe a dumb phone design over that crap
    Your crazy. The G1 was Solid. Saying a dumb flip phone was better is just stupid. I guess Samsung has fanbois too.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

it might have been built solidly, but was ugly as can be

True I suppose it wasn't a looker...but it murdered flip phones and blackberries that were out at the time. the keyboard was Dope tho!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links