Will it be unlockable or available in Canada?

This is a discussion on Will it be unlockable or available in Canada? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by damien8 Originally Posted by Twitchy183 This version will only work on Wind. So if you live with their 10 square km coverage ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will it be unlockable or available in Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by damien8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy183 View Post
    This version will only work on Wind. So if you live with their 10 square km coverage you're good to go!

I'm sure this will be the same as the N1, as someone said on xda. Give t-mob a month to have the flashy new phone and they'll roll out the other version for the rest of us.
    It's a shame, Google should have had these phones all factory unlocked
    They are factory unlocked its just that the wireless frequencies are not right for Fido Rogers TELUS etc. And if you want you can get it to work on their networks just at EDGE not 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    This version will only work on Wind. So if you live with their 10 square km coverage you're good to go!

I'm sure this will be the same as the N1, as someone said on xda. Give t-mob a month to have the flashy new phone and they'll roll out the other version for the rest of us.
    It's a shame, Google should have had these phones all factory unlocked
    They are factory unlocked its just that the wireless frequencies are not right for Fido Rogers TELUS etc. And if you want you can get it to work on their networks just at EDGE not 3G.
    Let's hope they come out with another compatible model soon!

The Nexus One that was compatible with AT&T/Rogers 3G bands was available 2 months and 11 days after the original TMO Nexus One launched.

Perhaps the same time frames will apply this time?
    Subscribe to the Droidforum RSS feed!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo13 View Post
    The Nexus One that was compatible with AT&T/Rogers 3G bands was available 2 months and 11 days after the original TMO Nexus One launched.

Perhaps the same time frames will apply this time?
    I`m thinking even faster cause that is one advantage of Samsung they get their products to everybody fast (galaxy S) so I am thinking it will not be long before NS at&t version.

As far as I understand this will be like the N1 and sold unlocked. So you pay full price for the phone and pop in your Canadian sim when you get it.

Personally, besides a slightly bigger screen and more onboard memory, I don't see this as being that much better then my N1. I think I'll be waiting for the dual cores to be released before replacing the N1.

Oh and even if it's locked to t-mob for some reason, someone will come out with an unlock within days I'd imagine.
    For me, the internal storage alone is a selling factor. I hate having to carefully select what I can put on my phone.

I thought that Tmo phones were not compatible with Telus/Rogers/Fido/Bell 3G?

Thanks again
    It will work on Rogers and Fido but only on EDGE not 3G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links