Will it be unlockable or available in Canada?

This is a discussion on Will it be unlockable or available in Canada? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, One thing I loved about the N1 is that it came factory unlocked. In Canada, we have a pretty poor selection of phones ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will it be unlockable or available in Canada?

Will it be unlockable or available in Canada?

Hey guys,

One thing I loved about the N1 is that it came factory unlocked. In Canada, we have a pretty poor selection of phones compared to our US relatives, so unlocked phone is a pretty big deal to us.

Does anyone know anything about the N2 being unlocked or available to us here?

Cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No clue neither does anyone but it will probably come to Canada soon after its release if not launch here (as well as in the US and UK). But the galaxy S phones came to Canada and so did the nexus one so I see no reason for the nexus S to not launch or arrive here soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    No clue neither does anyone but it will probably come to Canada soon after its release if not launch here (as well as in the US and UK). But the galaxy S phones came to Canada and so did the nexus one so I see no reason for the nexus S to not launch or arrive here soon after.
    Is it expected to be launch before Xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by damien8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Is it expected to be launch before Xmas?
    Since we should expect gingerbread before x-mas and the nexus S is suppose to introduce gingerbread we should have it soon. But like I said I don`t know if it will come to Canada at launch so we might not have it for x-mas.

I wouldn't expect to see it in Canada anytime soon. Maybe and I stress maybe from best buy. Samsung has a good rep for making things available in Canada but I'd imagine we will have to wait as usual.

If you want it pre Xmas seeing as the dollar is pretty close, I'd say order it from best buy through mail forwarding service. It's a few extra bucks for the shipping but if you want the S then probably worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy183 View Post
    I wouldn't expect to see it in Canada anytime soon. Maybe and I stress maybe from best buy. Samsung has a good rep for making things available in Canada but I'd imagine we will have to wait as usual.

If you want it pre Xmas seeing as the dollar is pretty close, I'd say order it from best buy through mail forwarding service. It's a few extra bucks for the shipping but if you want the S then probably worth it.
    Thanks for the info.

I see that Best Besy (US) already has it advertised: Google Nexus S

So if I got someone to buy it for me in the US, and ship it over, would I be able to unlock it seeing that it's T-Mobile?

Thanks!

As far as I understand this will be like the N1 and sold unlocked. So you pay full price for the phone and pop in your Canadian sim when you get it.

Personally, besides a slightly bigger screen and more onboard memory, I don't see this as being that much better then my N1. I think I'll be waiting for the dual cores to be released before replacing the N1.

Oh and even if it's locked to t-mob for some reason, someone will come out with an unlock within days I'd imagine.

As far as I understand this will be like the N1 and sold unlocked. So you pay full price for the phone and pop in your Canadian sim when you get it.

Personally, besides a slightly bigger screen and more onboard memory, I don't see this as being that much better then my N1. I think I'll be waiting for the dual cores to be released before replacing the N1.

Oh and even if it's locked to t-mob for some reason, someone will come out with an unlock within days I'd imagine.
    For me, the internal storage alone is a selling factor. I hate having to carefully select what I can put on my phone.

I thought that Tmo phones were not compatible with Telus/Rogers/Fido/Bell 3G?

Thanks again

This version will only work on Wind. So if you live with their 10 square km coverage you're good to go!

I'm sure this will be the same as the N1, as someone said on xda. Give t-mob a month to have the flashy new phone and they'll roll out the other version for the rest of us.

This version will only work on Wind. So if you live with their 10 square km coverage you're good to go!

I'm sure this will be the same as the N1, as someone said on xda. Give t-mob a month to have the flashy new phone and they'll roll out the other version for the rest of us.
    It's a shame, Google should have had these phones all factory unlocked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links