Nexus S Official Spec Sheet

This is a discussion on Nexus S Official Spec Sheet within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Compared to the original S is not a whole lot better. It adds a second camera, bigger screen (but the same resolution), no second mic, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S Official Spec Sheet

Compared to the original S is not a whole lot better.
    It adds a second camera, bigger screen (but the same resolution), no second mic, no micro SD card, almost same camera specs, DiVX player and Gingerbread (which will be available on all other Androids).
    Samsung Google Nexus S vs. HTC Google Nexus One - GSMArena.com
    No thanks.

Already read through the pdf for 2.3 which really is written around the N1. Here's what I've found significantly different. Wifi calling feature added, improved cut and paste feature, a new triangle notification icon with 2 !! to signify if you're going over your data cap, hot spot and tethering still supported, dark themes on all screens and menus, no FM radio support. I'm excited for the wifi calling though.

http://phandroid.com/2010/12/06/andr...-new-calendar/

Update: looks like I might be getting a second N1 as my google friend just confirmed she's getting the NS from work.

To be honest the nexus is going to rule school for a few more months/years to come, what google are aiming at with this new phone is not to lead the market but to create the perfect platform for Gingerbread and Android 3.0 (honeycomb?)

I will be picking this up when it is released and making full use of the 28 day return notice, in the time i have it i will also have my nexus (hopefully also running Gingerbread) and will be able to make a true decision.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I can honestly say that I am a bit disappointed. No external memory storage is super lame imo. Damn even the iphone has more internal than this. Common Google what were you thinking.

As many others have stated I will most likely stick with my N1 until someone comes out with something a lot more worthy of my N1. With all the new roms out these days I will be satisfied for a lot longer.

They can keep Gingerbread and they can keep the Nexus S. My N1 is far better than them all.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Actually I think internal memory is a good thing!! Apps load quicker on internal memory then say on an sd card, I notice on my nexus one that the apps that I move to the sd card loads slower then the ones on the phone internal memory. So with that said I WILL be selling my Nexus one to get the Nexus S, not for that reason alone but because a phone better then the nexus one is not coming anytime soon. I mean sure dual-core phones are coming soon, but those phones will most likely not run "pure google", and definitely won't get the support the Nexus brand phones get from google, and that's what I think makes the nexus phones so special. I mean sure the specs and the build quality of the Nexus One was much more revolutionary, but that is not why I like the phone you can have a nice phone all day but if there is not support and you are on 2.2 and everyone else is on 3.2 it won't matter..

Why? Why? Why even make this phone? HUGE disappointment, coming from a N1 user since january. This new phone is 2010 hardware. No SD card? No dual core? they could at least have bumped the CPU speed. No 4G. They aren't trying to please customers with this phone, and they certainly aren't trying to please the dedicated N1 user base out there. All they are doing is shoving a phone out with Gingerbread on it. This is all about Gingerbread. Oh well, since I don't have a reason to upgrade the hardware at least I'll be getting Gingerbread in a few weeks, and it will run just as well on my old N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Actually I think internal memory is a good thing!! Apps load quicker on internal memory then say on an sd card, I notice on my nexus one that the apps that I move to the sd card loads slower then the ones on the phone internal memory.
    Really? I don't notice a difference in speed at all. Then again, I've got a class 10 card in mine. What's yours?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

It's just another phone. Nothing revolutionary about it.
    Could not be called Nexus 2 because it is more of a sidestep to Nexus 1.

Kinda like iPhone 3G and 3GS

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    It's just another phone. Nothing revolutionary about it.
    Could not be called Nexus 2 because it is more of a sidestep to Nexus 1.

Kinda like iPhone 3G and 3GS
    Mmmmm yes and no. The way I saw it was that Samsung didn't want this phone to be labeled as the "2nd" phone. I think they just wanted to have some kind of brand on it.
    Androidfied.

I saw on phandroid that samsung didn't wanna name it the Nexus 2 because "They don't like being second"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links