Welcome to the Nexus S Forum!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Nexus S Forum! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Sorry but nope what I did didn't work...but thank so much!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Nexus S Forum!

Sorry but nope what I did didn't work...but thank so much!

What exactly did you try?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    What exactly did you try?
    Hi Danger,

Thanks for your follow-up I have gone to 2 different Sprint locations and they both couldn't figure out how to sync my face book contacts with my Nexus S.

From my face book page I clicked on accounts -> "link accounts" -> select "google.

Then I closed out of face book and went to the face book app on my phone and looked for the account link on that app but there isn't one there. So I gave up after not being able "my account" on the app. The only links I have are: News feed, Profile, friends, messages, places, groups, events, photos, and chat.

What am I missing - this is my first google phone Nexus S and I like it but I frustrated now.

Sorry to leave you stranded on this, but I've been pretty busy in my personal life and got distracted. I deliberately came looking for you though this morning...

You've probably already tried some of these, but just in case:

First, from the phone's home screen (not facebook), select Menu> Settings> Accounts & Sync> make sure your facebook account is there (also, click the account, and check the settings).

Second, open the Facebook app (it usually opens at the News Feed, so back up to the overall screen with Messages, Friends, etc), hit Menu> Settings> Sync Contacts at the bottom, and set your preferences.

If that's not working (probably not, because you've already tried it), then I would try uninstalling the app. Reboot, then reinstall.

If you are still struggling, then try deleting data from the apps. You shouldn't lose any data, because it's all stored in the cloud, but use an app to backup your contacts anyway. From the home page (not facebook) hit Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> select the all tab, scroll and find face book and delete data. Do the same for Gmail (because that's where your contacts sync). Reboot.

There's a new Facebook app out, so maybe that will fix the problem also?

If you are still struggling, we'll try looking a bit deeper - just let me know...

Thanks again the steps below are what prompted me to seek help.
    from the phone's home screen (not facebook), select Menu> Settings> Accounts & Sync. (When I hit from the phone's home screen, Menu> Settings> Accounts & Sync> the only item there are my gmail and tweet account.

Then when I hit [Add account] and select facebook the screen toggles back to Accounts and sync settings. That's when I took it to Sprint and they told me the Nexus S cannot sync face book contacts.

I have a quick fix, I dl from the market Syncmypix and it works great however I have 476 pic and it only sync a little over 250...LOL Oh well its better than nothing.

I also tried deleting and reinstaling the facebook app from the market but it doesn't work either. Also everybody tells me it should ask me upon booting "sync contacts"
    Mine logs me in and goes str8 to "news feed" FRUSTRATING. Thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    Sorry to leave you stranded on this, but I've been pretty busy in my personal life and got distracted. I deliberately came looking for you though this morning...

You've probably already tried some of these, but just in case:

First, from the phone's home screen (not facebook), select Menu> Settings> Accounts & Sync> make sure your facebook account is there (also, click the account, and check the settings).

Second, open the Facebook app (it usually opens at the News Feed, so back up to the overall screen with Messages, Friends, etc), hit Menu> Settings> Sync Contacts at the bottom, and set your preferences.

If that's not working (probably not, because you've already tried it), then I would try uninstalling the app. Reboot, then reinstall.

If you are still struggling, then try deleting data from the apps. You shouldn't lose any data, because it's all stored in the cloud, but use an app to backup your contacts anyway. From the home page (not facebook) hit Menu> Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> select the all tab, scroll and find face book and delete data. Do the same for Gmail (because that's where your contacts sync). Reboot.

There's a new Facebook app out, so maybe that will fix the problem also?

If you are still struggling, we'll try looking a bit deeper - just let me know...

I forgot to mention when the Sprint guy did the step above I didn't have (Sync Contacts) I came home and removed all apps from my phone that i dl from the market and started with a naked phone again. I did the above and the only options on that page are: Refresh interval, Notifications, Messages, Friend request, event invites,vibrate,phone LED,notification ,ringtone

that's it strange huh?

OK, well there's another option...

If you have a live.com, hotmail.com, or msn.com account you can set it to sync with your Facebook (you can even see all your Facebook posts in live.com, etc). Once you've synced your Facebook, you can then also sync your Facebook contacts to live.com etc.

Now, once you have your contacts in live.com, you can export them in csv format and then import them into gmail...

It;s a long way to get there, but the end result is the same...?

I purchased a Nexus S from a Charity Silent Auction. I presently have a blackberry and want to switch. It did not come with a SIM card and I do have 1 for my Blackberry - how do I tell what carrier it is for or can I use. Or is it best to sell it? I am in Canada - Ontario

Howdy!
    Here's a cross reference between model numbers and supported frequencies. If your carrier isn't listed, you may have to do a bit of digging to find out which frequency they use...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Google_Nexus_S

Ok So it says that it is AT&T - AT&T is not offered here in Canada

Variant Model # Country UMTS 850 (V) UMTS 900 (VIII) UMTS 1700 (IV/AWS) UMTS 1900 (II) UMTS 2100 (I) CDMA 4G Screen Type
    AT&T GT-I9020A US/Canada Yes No No Yes Yes No No Super AMOLED

I believe that it is locked - so does that mean I am restricted to a specific carrier?

Sorry for the stupid questions but this is a lot more difficult than I thought

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links