Welcome to the Nexus S FAQ Section

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Nexus S FAQ Section within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Welcome to the Nexus S FAQ Section, this area will contain all Frequently Asked Questions, Tips, How-Tos, Guides and more....

Thread: Welcome to the Nexus S FAQ Section

dandroid

Welcome to the Nexus S FAQ Section

Welcome to the Nexus S FAQ Section, this area will contain all Frequently Asked Questions, Tips, How-Tos, Guides and more.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Screen Lock

How can I have the N1 "lock phone" after say "5 minutes of inactivity" like it does on my EVO. I cannot find this option and I have to enter a password as soon as the screen times out. Thanks

i was going through my gallery and emailing pics to people and i deleted the whole gallery by accident is there any way to retreive what has been deleted

[QUOTE=tammyk;104641]i was going through my gallery and emailing pics to people and i deleted the whole gallery by accident is there any way to retreive what has been deleted[/QUOTE

If they were only on your phone--I don't think so

If you had them on sdcard try this or something similar:

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Also, if you don't already--start backing up your sdcard to pc and use MyBackUp Pro to bu apps, system, screens, playlists, etc etc
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    How can I have the N1 "lock phone" after say "5 minutes of inactivity" like it does on my EVO. I cannot find this option and I have to enter a password as soon as the screen times out. Thanks
    I don't use them, but you might check out some of the lockscreen widgets on the Market

Also, I am on MIUI now so can't test, but maybe ADW Launcher--it has a lockscreen feature--I don't mess with it either, so not exactly sure of features for time off--
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

found pictures

thanks for the info on retreiving my photos it worked , i was not able to retrieve the deleted videos but the pictures were what i needed the most thank you ever so much.i have to learn how to do a backup i guess this phone is not as easy to use as i thought it would be.

Your welcome Tammy

It just takes time and lots of reading forums and research

Always have current bu's of sdcard and phone (nandroid) and you can recovr from almost anything

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

backups via phone

how would you back things up from the phone or do i have to upload to the computer all the time,as i love to take photos with this phone but would hate to lose them again, any information would be great i honestlly have no patience with the hows and y's this phone works

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Your welcome Tammy

It just takes time and lots of reading forums and research

Always have current bu's of sdcard and phone (nandroid) and you can recovr from almost anything

Ken

Sorry Tammy, if you are not rooted, you won't be doing full phone bu's (nandroid). It is like a full image backup on a pc. You can get MyBackUp Pro from Market and it does a good job on backing up many things.

Just keep a recent sdcard bu on pc--and your photos will be ok

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Tammy, there's a few apps that will automatically upload your photos as you take them, thus giving you an online backup.

Take a look at the Google+ app, or SugarSync

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links