Nexus S Price - A Joke?

This is a discussion on Nexus S Price - A Joke? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Well then I guess I'll take any pre-orders now for any non-U.S. residents! Bestbuy states it will only sell 2 per customer....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S Price - A Joke?

Well then I guess I'll take any pre-orders now for any non-U.S. residents!

Bestbuy states it will only sell 2 per customer.

tjp
    Quote Originally Posted by rsamarsh View Post
    Ok, the Nexus S isn't an amazing upgrade from the Nexus One, but it's still better with some good new features. As an N1 owner I want one for the simple reason that it has decent internal memory for apps, the weakest point of the N1 I think. I was really excited about the NS until I saw the price from exclusive UK distributor Carphone Warehouse, a whopping 549.95 ($864.25) This is insanely high don't you think? By comparison, it is for sale at BestBuy for $529 (336.64). Why on earth it is $335 / 214 cheaper in the US? You could just about get a flight to New York, buy a Nexus S and fly home for cheaper than the Carphone Warehouse price.

So, what are the ideas on how best to get one from the US (just like I got the N1)?
    Umm, where do you see the larger internal memory for the S? If you look at the specs, both list internal RAM at 512MB.

I agree with you that the N1 needs more memory for apps. I've been max'ed out for months.

It's not like iphone.. I'm sure there WILL NOT be any line queueing up outside bestbuy people waiting to buy this phone.

16Gb Intenal

No external memory, that's the pisser part! And it better have TV-out like most all Samsung flagships go... if not I'll wait for the dual-core's in spring

http://www.google.com/phone/compare/...hone=nexus-one

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    It's not like iphone.. I'm sure there WILL NOT be any line queueing up outside bestbuy people waiting to buy this phone.
    If it were available in Canada and I had more money I would be.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    US carriers allow consumers to buy into a contract subsidized plan that is a minimum of 2 year and binds them with certain plans with the carrier in order for them to make their money over time. Subsidized plans sucks I hate them and don't buy into them. If you cancel early you have to pay full price for the phone and pay a cancellation fee. You have to stay at a certain plan for a period of atleast 6 mos.
    Androidfied.

They've already started! I thought $600-650 was fair.... but $750 is laughable

BNIB Google Nexus S Smartphone Samsung Nexus S Unlocked - eBay (item 200552059777 end time Dec-07-10 12:13:44 PST)

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonj51 View Post
    They've already started! I thought $600-650 was fair.... but $750 is laughable

BNIB Google Nexus S Smartphone Samsung Nexus S Unlocked - eBay (item 200552059777 end time Dec-07-10 12:13:44 PST)
    I would never pay overpriced prices for pre order products.
    Androidfied.

I would never pay overpriced prices for pre order products.
    That's why I don't buy apple products

I've had a compare of the of the N1 & NS and the NS supports all the frequencies the N1 does (+a few extras) so a US bought model should work fine in the UK.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links