Nexus S Price - A Joke?

This is a discussion on Nexus S Price - A Joke? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, the Nexus S isn't an amazing upgrade from the Nexus One, but it's still better with some good new features. As an N1 owner ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus S Price - A Joke?

Nexus S Price - A Joke?

Ok, the Nexus S isn't an amazing upgrade from the Nexus One, but it's still better with some good new features. As an N1 owner I want one for the simple reason that it has decent internal memory for apps, the weakest point of the N1 I think. I was really excited about the NS until I saw the price from exclusive UK distributor Carphone Warehouse, a whopping £549.95 ($864.25) This is insanely high don't you think? By comparison, it is for sale at BestBuy for $529 (£336.64). Why on earth it is $335 / £214 cheaper in the US? You could just about get a flight to New York, buy a Nexus S and fly home for cheaper than the Carphone Warehouse price.

So, what are the ideas on how best to get one from the US (just like I got the N1)?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If I'm going to upgrade, I will go with the 2 years contract for $199. that's quite a regular price for a subsided phone.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    If I'm going to upgrade, I will go with the 2 years contract for $199. that's quite a regular price for a subsided phone.
    i've never paid for an upgrade,i just tell them i'm leaving and i usually get what i want lol

Uh where do you see it at best buy I just check there website and I see no nexus S just Samsung galaxy S. I know they had it up for a few hours but then took it away but I don`t see it now. I am pretty sure it is Carphone warehouse exclusive (for now).

If thats how much cheaper it is in the US I def will be buying one from the states. Why pay more?

It's only up on the US BestBuy site. They announced the price earlier today. The same price incidentally as the N1 at launch, which is reasonable. It's the UK price that is insane.

Damn that means that Canada won`t be getting the nexus S for a while

You have to make sure your country carrier 3G signal is compatible to Tmobile's frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    You have to make sure your country carrier 3G signal is compatible to Tmobile's frequency.
    Itís not, not Fido anyway but I seriously don`t have a data plan (don`t have the money and usually have WI-FI available) so I don`t really mind besides my N1 is t-mo so I wouldn`t get 3G with my current phone anyway.

good for you!

I bought the Tmo Galaxy Tab without subsidize price. Don't pay for data plan as I am using it WIFI at home. And when i'm outside, I will use it to connect to my N1 hotspot since I have unlimited data plan on it. works well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links