What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)?

This is a discussion on What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by TerD I just read the 400 page plus Gingerbread manual. I'm just questioning why should I even do an update to FRGD. ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)?

K6H

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TerD View Post
    I just read the 400 page plus Gingerbread manual. I'm just questioning why should I even do an update to FRGD. Why? 80 per cent of the functionality is exactly what I have now. Will it be faster, slicker, I don't know. I bought the N1 10 months ago, and am still discovering the useful things I can do with it.

I'm not prepared to pay the same as I paid 10 months ago for a cosmetic evolution.
    Will my N1 be 20% faster. Will the battery last 30% longer ? Who knows. Hell, I'll just await the end of life cycle , casting a sly eye on the next iPhone towards the end.

TerD
    Thats a strange thing to come out with. If you are bothered at all about functionality, why on earth would you ever think about buying a walled garden, non-multitasking, locked down iPhone???

Quote Originally Posted by mwhit42 View Post
    To me, this phone is a huge dissappointment. The Nexus phones are supposed to be cutting edge in both software AND hardware. While Gingerbread is nice, the hardware specs of this phone are extremely disappointing. No 4g? No dual-led 8mp camera? No HDMI slot, or even a projector? No dual-core proccessor? And no SD card slot?

I only got two words for Google: NO THANKS.

I will keep my Nexus One and wait for a real cutting-edge Android phone to come out. The Nexus S has ruined the Nexus name.

will you actually use a projector? will that really ruin your life?

What's so special about the Nexus S?
    -In my opinion the only thing that the Nexus S has for it is the fact that it is a Dev phone and will be supported by google and should future receive updates for a while. Apart from this can someone please tell me why I should even consider this phone?

Whats so special about my Nexus One?
    -It is rooted.
    -Can run tons of custom rom's. (Currently with stock MIUI rom which is fast, snappy, can change themes in about 1 minute)
    -with most stock kernels can usually get 1600 benchmark scores
    -with WM kernels get 1700 -1800 benchmark scores
    -for the time being still receives google support
    -NOT MADE OF PLASTIC
    -I am still very proud of it (hell may even buy another new one).

Why should I consider the Nexus S? My Nexus will be able to do everything that the Nexus S can do and a bit more now that we find out that the Nexus S will not have any type of LED notifications. Ya my benchmark scores might be down a little from what a rooted Nexus S will be able to get, but really who gives a crap. And really who wants to see each other when ever you speak. Nothing but trouble with that imo.

So again someone please enlighten me to why I should spend money on this phone?
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Fair question. Well, I did say the next iPhone ! The UI on the N1 doesn't have the same clunky sturdiness as the iPhone ( which I think has multi-tasking in the new version of the OS). Putting a wall around the garden stops the cats and dogs from coming in to have a pee.

Still, the lifecyle of this N1 phone is a couple of years, so I have a little time to change my mind.

TerD

Saw this in Huffington Post about Google announcing Nexus S.. This is how it starts

"Google has taken the wraps off the Nexus S smartphone, a successor to the failed Nexus One."

Ouch!

Nexus S, Android 'Gingerbread' OS Unveiled By Google (PICTURES)

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Saw this in Huffington Post about Google announcing Nexus S.. This is how it starts

"Google has taken the wraps off the Nexus S smartphone, a successor to the failed Nexus One."

Ouch!

Nexus S, Android 'Gingerbread' OS Unveiled By Google (PICTURES)
    This post should have been saying that the nexus one was a great phone and this is almost not good enough to be a successor.

I like to believe that.. bought the Nexus One on launch day.. got a few of my friends bought it too. Then Google stopped selling the phone, shutted down the web site (changed to Android phone gallery), and made the Nexus one support forum read only... then they admited it's a trial product (and we are the suckers who pay $530+tax to help them test the market). Now they also admit they bit off more than they can chew.

My N1 died recently and get a refurbished phone from HTC to replace. and yet, both phones has screen calibration problem.

what a downer I am..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links