What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)?

This is a discussion on What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Other than it is using the pure google Android without any customization, that cause the fastest OS update from google, I don't see what's so ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)?

What's so special about Nexus S (or Nexus One)?

Other than it is using the pure google Android without any customization, that cause the fastest OS update from google, I don't see what's so special of this Nexus S compared to many of the android phone out there.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I too want to know. Should I pay for this? Or is there something better not too far away?

I like my Nexus One just like everybody else. I jumped it pay full price ordered the first day after Google has the news conference in January. I still have the touch screen calibration problem. Many times the touch screen reigstered the wrong spots. I have to turn off and on to get it to work. I have missed phone calls because of that.

Then wait and wait for the overprice desktop dock that always have bad contacts, and overprice car dock which doesn't even have an 3.5mm or RCA audio connection.

Now Nexus S is out. I still see HTC sense is a much enhanced UI add on than the vanilla Android UI. Then why do I want to get Nexus S? It doesn't have 4G or whatever Tmobile call that 4G is. The NFC chip... no idea what is it for daily use.

So again, it seems the good thing for getting pure google android phone is you get the fastest OS update... like the Nexus One, rumors been out that we will be getting Gingerbread these few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    I too want to know. Should I pay for this? Or is there something better not too far away?
    Can you say front facing camera and NFC? Should you pay for it, if you want it ya it goes better less problems with the police. Is there something better not too far away, there almost always is.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    It really depends on your need for the phone. And it depends on your point of better. To me I think it's a better presentation of Gingerbread and that only. Do I think it's a better phone itself, no. Do I think it better displays the full potential of Gingerbread, of course. It's a development phone. It's only feat is to display the core value of what Gingerbread is made for.

I'm still on the fence if I really want to get one or not. Since I have a tablet, I don't think I'll need the future features on a new phone as much as I do on my tablet.
    Androidfied.

I love the fact that it has a NFC chip. I pay for stuff using a contactless debit card every day. With the NS, I wouldn't even have to get my wallet out, I would just wave my phone and like magic I've paid for my flat white. That's just plain cool and I love being able to do something that no one else can do, for a month or two anyway.

It might not be a good thing after all. Watch this video about electronic pick pocketing

Video -- WREG

To me, this phone is a huge dissappointment. The Nexus phones are supposed to be cutting edge in both software AND hardware. While Gingerbread is nice, the hardware specs of this phone are extremely disappointing. No 4g? No dual-led 8mp camera? No HDMI slot, or even a projector? No dual-core proccessor? And no SD card slot?

I only got two words for Google: NO THANKS.

I will keep my Nexus One and wait for a real cutting-edge Android phone to come out. The Nexus S has ruined the Nexus name.

Maybe if this is said as a real issue with a high risk ratio to avoid getting this on your phone there could be a sound alarm that goes off every time you use the chip maybe not on stock but on cyanogen mod maybe or maybe Google will release this as a feature later in an update similar to frg83 but for gingerbread.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhit42 View Post
    To me, this phone is a huge dissappointment. The Nexus phones are supposed to be cutting edge in both software AND hardware. While Gingerbread is nice, the hardware specs of this phone are extremely disappointing. No 4g? No dual-led 8mp camera? No HDMI slot, or even a projector? No dual-core proccessor? And no SD card slot?

I only got two words for Google: NO THANKS.

I will keep my Nexus One and wait for a real cutting-edge Android phone to come out. The Nexus S has ruined the Nexus name.
    I hate to admit that.. but I pretty much agree what you said. Even if this is not the cutting edge phone, at least Google can subsidize the phone to have an influence in the market. N1 comes out as independent channel to break the transition of selling phone through the carrier. But it turns out to be chaotic when the N1 has connection issue, is it Google's problem? HTC? Or Tmobile? customers are bounced back and forth between these 3 entities.

EVO, EPIC 4G, Galaxy Continuum (I like the ticket bar) or the whole galasy S seems to have more to offer than Nexus S.. only they are not getting Android 2.3.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links