Will Nexus S work on AT&T @ 3G Speeds?

This is a discussion on Will Nexus S work on AT&T @ 3G Speeds? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I would spend the $500+ in a heartbeat to upgrade but T-Mobile's not long for this world. There are so many complaints about the AT&T ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Nexus S work on AT&T @ 3G Speeds?

I love my Nexus 1 on AT&T but the S would be better

I would spend the $500+ in a heartbeat to upgrade but T-Mobile's not long for this world.

There are so many complaints about the AT&T network only because AT&T has so many customers. I don't know any T-Mobile customers who are happy with T-Mobile. And once Verizon gets iPhone you can expect Verizon's network to become overburdened as well--and my wireless broadband on Verizon is already too slow (recently cancelled due to the new wireless hotspot functionality on my Nexus 1 thank you very much).

Google's in bed with the wrong carrier.

I was so happy when they released the N1 for AT&T. I hope they don't disappoint on the NS.

Quote Originally Posted by AintLion View Post
    I would spend the $500+ in a heartbeat to upgrade but T-Mobile's not long for this world.

There are so many complaints about the AT&T network only because AT&T has so many customers. I don't know any T-Mobile customers who are happy with T-Mobile. And once Verizon gets iPhone you can expect Verizon's network to become overburdened as well--and my wireless broadband on Verizon is already too slow (recently cancelled due to the new wireless hotspot functionality on my Nexus 1 thank you very much).

Google's in bed with the wrong carrier.

I was so happy when they released the N1 for AT&T. I hope they don't disappoint on the NS.
    Definitely if Google wants to be a major player in the phone business they need to release on ATT or Verizon first. But never saw the Verizon version cause they released the HTC Incredible instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Hspa is what you need to look at. 3g will not work but Edge will for ATT. Well will have to wait for a att version.
    I have a 1st gen iPhone. I've been hesitant to upgrade b/c i have an old plan where i get unlimited data for $20/ month.

Do you think an unlocked Nexus S will work with the SIM card I have from my iPhone?

Has anyone tried this? Will AT&T know I've switched phones and start charging me an increased rate?

also, will the hotspot tethering work? i just bought a nook color and it would be great if i can use my phone's data plan for browsing when i'm not near any free wifi

Quote Originally Posted by methfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Hspa is what you need to look at. 3g will not work but Edge will for ATT. Well will have to wait for a att version.
    I have a 1st gen iPhone. I've been hesitant to upgrade b/c i have an old plan where i get unlimited data for $20/ month.

Do you think an unlocked Nexus S will work with the SIM card I have from my iPhone?

Has anyone tried this? Will AT&T know I've switched phones and start charging me an increased rate?
    Your SIM from your iPhone will work on the Nexus S. ATT will realize different IMEI numbers and will switch the data plan accordingly to the phone that you are using. I was using my N1, with a $10 unlimited data plan and when I switched to a iPhone 3GS, they adjusted my account accordingly. So if you wanna try it go ahead. They may or may not recognize it. I have on my profile and account that I'm using a Samsung Captivate but switched back to my N1 over a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ggong5150 View Post

Your SIM from your iPhone will work on the Nexus S. ATT will realize different IMEI numbers and will switch the data plan accordingly to the phone that you are using. I was using my N1, with a $10 unlimited data plan and when I switched to a iPhone 3GS, they adjusted my account accordingly. So if you wanna try it go ahead. They may or may not recognize it. I have on my profile and account that I'm using a Samsung Captivate but switched back to my N1 over a month ago.
    could you clarify this?

Also, earlier it was mentioned that ATT hpsa (3G?) is not supported by this phone. However, google's site says that the phone supports:

Quad-band GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    Tri-band HSPA: 900, 2100, 1700
    HSPA type: HSDPA (7.2Mbps) HSUPA (5.76Mbps)

So, which frequencies does ATT use that this phone can't see?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links