Nexus S Phone Button

This is a discussion on Nexus S Phone Button within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; It is a phone after all. I hated that they hide the physical call and end call button. Also, the 4 buttons sequence of Nexus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S Phone Button

Nexus S Phone Button

It is a phone after all. I hated that they hide the physical call and end call button.

Also, the 4 buttons sequence of Nexus 1 is different from Nexus S. I know Nexus 1 is made by HTC and Nexus S made by Samsung. Could Samsung unified the sequence? It is different than my Galaxy Tab 4 buttons sequence. It's making me disoriented!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know but that is android for you they like to change the position of the 4 buttons just to mess with people at least it is only two off from the nexus one.

Since we're on the topic, let me ***** about the buttons too! N1's using touch screen as the buttons. Galaxy tab do the same thing. Without a physical button and the backlight goes out after a few seconds, it's very difficult to blind touch which is which button as they are not all arranged in the same sequence! ERRRRRRRRRRRRR

I don't think they moved the buttons just to piss you off hehe. This new configuration is likely how they think it should be done for all phones from here on out.... but I could be wrong, I don't work for Google.

I don't think it is what google meant to be to show others how the buttons layout works. N1 buttons sequence is different than Motorola and HTC phones. It pisses me off also even within other Samsung's phones, they button sequence is different too.

I guarantee this is something they take extremely seriously... If you watch the video of Andy Rubin talking about honeycomb, he gives some details about this. The tab has NO buttons on it. In fact, he even eludes that the one button on the iPad is confusing enough, and that no buttons at all is the best solution. I don't know if that concept will port to phones also, but just wanted to let you know they do certainly take it very seriously.

No physical buttons mean it will turn into soft buttons. Just like now all these phone doesn't even have a phsyical Call and End Call button. I have to dig through the screen to find out. Worst of all, for my N1, the screen calibration is always off. Sometimes when I receive phone call, the answer button is off position. I have to quickly turn off and on the phone to answer the call.

Physical buttons are important. if they label them and position them in a usable way, it won't be confusing. You see how many people now complain the new iOS in iPad turn the lock orientation to something else? Physical buttons are important.

My N1 using part of the touch screen to fake 4 physical buttons. It is even worst that, touching exactly the 4 icons on N1 doesn't register the touch. It has to be a little bit above the icon to get it registered.

I agree, in fact, I would prefer a physical keyboard in addition to just the main buttons and soft keys. However, I've never had an Android before, and most people seem to get by without it, so who knows? I'm willing to try, hopefully I don't regret it

Thing thing I hate about ALL capacitive buttons is that once you install a screen shield it makes them hard to activate. Give me clicky click buttons! I can stand being 'confused by buttons'. The Nexus moniker is supposed to symbolize a commitment to community developing is it not?

At the end of the day, i still love my G1, N1 and Galaxy tab. It's just the forum get me a place to rant. If there're enough people voice their comment, Google should hear us out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links