I've been spoiled by the Nexus One!

This is a discussion on I've been spoiled by the Nexus One! within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth People say HTC makes phones but samsung is number one in android sales with just the Galaxy S. That alone speaks ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been spoiled by the Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    People say HTC makes phones but samsung is number one in android sales with just the Galaxy S. That alone speaks volume.
    Im pretty sure that them releasing the exact same phone on every carrier has something to do with that.

People say HTC makes phones but samsung is number one in android sales with just the Galaxy S. That alone speaks volume.
    Ya it may speak volume but it also has something to do with ads and availability I will elaborate. For the ads I can barely change the channel without seeing a commercial for a Galaxy S so that helps allot. For availability I say this cause I am in Canada and without buying online and then paying unlocking fees to a third party company this is the best phone there is. I mean seriously they have them on all the providers in the US and all the countries with android so how do you want them to not have great amounts of sales. If it were an htc phone that did all these things it would be the same thing.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Exactly. That's the reason they are top sellers with one phone compared to all phones HTC sold combined for that period. And it's only practical for Google to work with them.
    Androidfied.

Galaxy S is by far the most successful phone out there and by merging that phone with developers, they will expand the market greatly.

It's important to understand that very few people out there actually understand the difference between all these Android phones.

It's all about creating new revenue sources in an already vast market.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ya it may speak volume but it also has something to do with ads and availability I will elaborate. For the ads I can barely change the channel without seeing a commercial for a Galaxy S so that helps allot. For availability I say this cause I am in Canada and without buying online and then paying unlocking fees to a third party company this is the best phone there is. I mean seriously they have them on all the providers in the US and all the countries with android so how do you want them to not have great amounts of sales. If it were an htc phone that did all these things it would be the same thing.

so that's samsung's fault for having a good strategy and selling more phones than htc? i dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

so that's samsung's fault for having a good strategy and selling more phones than htc? i dont get it
    I was not trying to imply that its a bad thing but like we have be saying and what alanudi said two posts back is that most people don`t see or care about the diffrence between one phone and the next so they just get this one because they hear about it all the time and its available on the provider they want (all of them) wich doesn`t mean that it is a better phone and not even close it just means samsung has a better sales tactic witch is to sell to the avrage consumer wich is just not what makes a highend phone sorry but that is the way it is.

I have never owned a Samsung, but my girlfriend has had a lower-end slider type Samsung phone from ATT for over a year now and that baby hasn't faltered once!

From reading around, i've heard about GPS problems and shoddy building, but other than that, I don't see why Samsung is so 'cheap'. I used to sell their TVs a few years ago and they were always among the top-quality brands.

My BB storm has some major issues, like leaking light and a sticky sticky screen, but it has lasted me 2 full years. I have to imagine the Nexus S won't be quite so crappy. It's funny to think that I had not even heard of Android when that Storm came out, so let's keep this all in perspective.

Android is still a fledgling. These Nexus phones are helping to coddle it until it can stand on its own.

Remember how many people said the "nexus one was a failure" ???? Don't be that guy!!!

Money-wise, it sucked, but that phone put Android in the center of the map! Nexus S can never do what Nexus One did. It is just a continuation of where they left off.

Nexus S will not be a 'failure' so long as people use it, much like the Nexus One.

Quote Originally Posted by alanudi View Post
    From reading around, i've heard about GPS problems and shoddy building, but other than that, I don't see why Samsung is so 'cheap'. I used to sell their TVs a few years ago and they were always among the top-quality brands.
    I own a Samsung TV and its great the only product that Samsung make with cheap plastic is their phones and that is what people are complaining about the rest of their products are great.

I own a Samsung TV and its great the only product that Samsung make with cheap plastic is their phones and that is what people are complaining about the rest of their products are great.
    ahhhh I see. It's interesting, because I bet that's how they managed to get it [Galaxy S] on all the carriers...low-cost...had to be a big selling point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links