anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I still think my N1 is Better No Samsung Plastic Phones for Me Thanks....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

I still think my N1 is Better No Samsung Plastic Phones for Me Thanks.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think a lot of you guys have a hard time admitting that it really is a better phone.

I mean, hummingbird>snapdragon. I can't wait for the benchmark tests to come out.
    What's better?
    Dual camera, again the processor, the gpu, the contour design, the built in memory, to name a few.
    Look at it again, the contour design looks nothing like any of the old galaxy s's, it's pretty innovative in fact.

I've had my nexus one for a little over 4 months now. I realize the s is better, and therefore I don't go dissing it because I can't have it.

this is the smartest, most level-headed post in all these nexus s bashing posts ive seen. i too have a nexus one and realize that electronics become outdated after a few months. no need to bash anything, these people need to get over themselves

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alanudi View Post
    I'm Excited! Not a single qualm here. Of course, i'm coming from a 2 year old BB Storm. yeah, i'm excited!
    What is it about a Nexus S that excites you (more than a Nexus One) ?
    I think a lot of you guys have a hard time admitting that it really is a better phone.

I mean, hummingbird>snapdragon. I can't wait for the benchmark tests to come out.
    What's better?
    Dual camera, again the processor, the gpu, the contour design, the built in memory, to name a few.
    Look at it again, the contour design looks nothing like any of the old galaxy s's, it's pretty innovative in fact.

I've had my nexus one for a little over 4 months now. I realize the s is better, and therefore I don't go dissing it because I can't have it.

You lost me bigtime. The Nexus S looks like a step back. I've owned my N1 since launch. You would have to be a fool to throw 500 at this thing.
    Unless Google decides they will not support the N1.

I'm Excited! Not a single qualm here. Of course, i'm coming from a 2 year old BB Storm. yeah, i'm excited!

What's better?

Not me, I don't care if I have the latest and greatest. I actually haven't looked at the Nexus S yet (I don't even know what it looks like). This thread is the first thing I've read about it, and all I read is that it's a step back from a Nexus One.

If you're saying it's not, I can believe that equally. From what I've read so far (which isn't much at all) a dual camera doesn't interest me. I prefer an SD slot to a front-facing camera. I don't want my ugly mug on-screen. The processor doesn't interest me because the one I've got isn't struggling to do it's job. Same goes for internal memory really. I've got 200MB free right now and 15GB free on my SD. So no tempting features so far, and my CynanogenMod6 is way better than Gingerbread. No hurry to get that.

As for the design, I guess I'm going to have to go and have a look somewhere at it. I'm still over the moon with joy at my phone after 6 or 7 months of ownership and don't feel that it's lacking anything.

The day will come where there's a new phone with new features that will make me tempted to upgrade, it's not here yet though.

My next purchase won't be a phone, it'll be an Android tablet.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

What's better?

Not me, I don't care if I have the latest and greatest. I actually haven't looked at the Nexus S yet (I don't even know what it looks like). This thread is the first thing I've read about it, and all I read is that it's a step back from a Nexus One.

If you're saying it's not, I can believe that equally. From what I've read so far (which isn't much at all) a dual camera doesn't interest me. I prefer an SD slot to a front-facing camera. I don't want my ugly mug on-screen. The processor doesn't interest me because the one I've got isn't struggling to do it's job. Same goes for internal memory really. I've got 200MB free right now and 15GB free on my SD. So no tempting features so far, and my CynanogenMod6 is way better than Gingerbread. No hurry to get that.

As for the design, I guess I'm going to have to go and have a look somewhere at it. I'm still over the moon with joy at my phone after 6 or 7 months of ownership and don't feel that it's lacking anything.

The day will come where there's a new phone with new features that will make me tempted to upgrade, it's not here yet though.

My next purchase won't be a phone, it'll be an Android tablet.
    A lot of you are getting me wrong. An opinion's an opinion, you may not like the phone, but you don't have to go around dissing it for something it's not. Overall, specs-wise, it is a better phone.
    There's no reason to call it crap just because it's not by htc.

P.s - Imagine a nexus by motorola. Now that would really intrigue me.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Angry Deel and Batman are ridiculous.

It really is not much better. Yeah the hummingbird will be snappier but I have setcpu and cyanogens rom which make my phone incredibly fast. So the S does not have a true win in that category. What really makes the S suck is the design. PLASTIC?! the nexus one had lots of thought put into it by HTC for durability and design. The metal and the teflon coating made the phone very durable and scratch resistant. It made it feel like it was worth $550. and it was for me. The samsung will have a cheap feel just like all the other ones. and the curved glass? what does that even do? make it more prone to breakage? yes. The Nexus S is definitely just a side step. HTC makes the best android devices and always will. Nexus One, G2, MyTouch 4G, Incredible. Ill be waiting for a larger step forward.

Nexus by Motorola? that would be stupid. come on man.

To me the front facing camera becomes pointless without support for HSPA+. Most people want a front facing camera to video chat. Without support for 4g your chats will be extremely laggy. So this pretty much forces you to make video chats over wifi...hmmm...which I guess is fine if your an iphone4 user. Miss my nexus one, but after seeing the specs of the nexus S I'm glad I chose the mytouch 4g.

I DO Think the Nexus S is a Total Disappointment

Come on! No trackball or touchpad (let alone notifications light) just because Gingerbread has a slightly improved text copy mechanism that has been around with HTC Sense UI since Android 2.1 (or 2.0?) I miss my Nexus One trackball all the time. Even the iPhone can't do text selection like the N1.

I can see why Gingerbread wasn't released as a 3.0, as even the Nexus S isn't a version 3 quality product.

Curved screen? Is it as big as the EVO? HD2? Streak? No? But Samsung support is legendary right? No? 4G LTE? 3G GPRS & HSDPA on AT&T bands? No?

What? The "N2" is just a suped up Galaxy S phone? Pass.

What's better?

dude the phone doesnt have micro sd support so and it has 16gb internal memory and i bet it has like 1/3 of it taken up due to the OS...no HSPA+ so things arent going to run quite fast when browsing and no dual core so battery life is still going to suck ass.....so why not wait for the dual cores in january and im sure google is they arent stupid and keep on with samsung will go back to htc and make a better phone!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links