anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was excited; now I am disappointed. No Sd card makes it like an IPhone! Fou! The value of Nexus One just went up!!!!!!!!!!!...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

I was excited; now I am disappointed. NoSd card makes it like an IPhone! Fou! The value of Nexus One just went up!!!!!!!!!!!

yes sir nexus one will be a better phone because it took time to design and it is still one of the sexiest phones out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Nexus by Motorola? that would be stupid. come on man.
    I would like to point out that Motorola was the company that allowed Neil Armstrong to talk with Mission Control, so they know a little something about hardware design.

The biggest problem with Motorola Droid phones is their Motoblur software. In that regard, a Nexus 3 by Motorola with stock Vanilla Android (Honeycomb of course) would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I think a lot of you guys have a hard time admitting that it really is a better phone.

I mean, hummingbird>snapdragon. I can't wait for the benchmark tests to come out.
    What's better?
    Dual camera, again the processor, the gpu, the contour design, the built in memory, to name a few.
    Look at it again, the contour design looks nothing like any of the old galaxy s's, it's pretty innovative in fact.

I've had my nexus one for a little over 4 months now. I realize the s is better, and therefore I don't go dissing it because I can't have it.

this is the smartest, most level-headed post in all these nexus s bashing posts ive seen. i too have a nexus one and realize that electronics become outdated after a few months. no need to bash anything, these people need to get over themselves

bro all these things arent even worth buying the dam phone...its still a nexus one with like 3 minor changes..and guess what the nexus one does support hspa+ up to 7.2 mbps...honestly you guys are just blind....and the humming bird processor was designed for graphics specifically. if you havent seen any videos of the nexus one vs any galaxy s benchmark scores the nexus one beats it by a mile...the only thing galaxy s phones excel on is graphics..i could care less about that!

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

I think a lot of you guys have a hard time admitting that it really is a better phone.

I mean, hummingbird>snapdragon. I can't wait for the benchmark tests to come out.
    What's better?
    Dual camera, again the processor, the gpu, the contour design, the built in memory, to name a few.
    Look at it again, the contour design looks nothing like any of the old galaxy s's, it's pretty innovative in fact.

I've had my nexus one for a little over 4 months now. I realize the s is better, and therefore I don't go dissing it because I can't have it.
    Not me, I don't care if I have the latest and greatest. I actually haven't looked at the Nexus S yet (I don't even know what it looks like). This thread is the first thing I've read about it, and all I read is that it's a step back from a Nexus One.

If you're saying it's not, I can believe that equally. From what I've read so far (which isn't much at all) a dual camera doesn't interest me. I prefer an SD slot to a front-facing camera. I don't want my ugly mug on-screen. The processor doesn't interest me because the one I've got isn't struggling to do it's job. Same goes for internal memory really. I've got 200MB free right now and 15GB free on my SD. So no tempting features so far, and my CynanogenMod6 is way better than Gingerbread. No hurry to get that.

As for the design, I guess I'm going to have to go and have a look somewhere at it. I'm still over the moon with joy at my phone after 6 or 7 months of ownership and don't feel that it's lacking anything.

The day will come where there's a new phone with new features that will make me tempted to upgrade, it's not here yet though.

My next purchase won't be a phone, it'll be an Android tablet.
    A lot of you are getting me wrong. An opinion's an opinion, you may not like the phone, but you don't have to go around dissing it for something it's not. Overall, specs-wise, it is a better phone.
    There's no reason to call it crap just because it's not by htc.

P.s - Imagine a nexus by motorola. Now that would really intrigue me.
    I'm not getting anyone wrong. You've got your opinion, I've got mine, and I've expressed it. Where's the problem?

Can you do me a favor and highlight where I dissed it or called it crap or said anything about it not being htc? All I've said is that the "S" has a spec with a couple of extra things, none of which I need, but I'd lose one that I like (SD card). So for me, if someone offered me a Nexus S to replace my Nexus One, I'd (genuinely) say No Thanks, I don't want a downgrade.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

What's better?

Somebody has been drinking the "Koolaid" too much

Yes, the Hummingbird CPU/SOC is better than the Snapdragon CPU/SOC, but only marginal, the camera is the same, and the front camera of being only VGA resolution is rather pathetic. EVERY laptop nowadays has a 1.3 MP web-camera built into the screen-bezel.

as for the reason why the screen is a "...curved glass screen fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and along the side of your face..." thats just another marketing-koolaid, especially if you look at the grade/degree it's curved - it's utterly negligible!

Lacking the Micro-SD slot is a sacrilege, my educated presumption is to prohibit ROM-burning/-modding via from-SD-sideloading at boot-up. it's definitely not a lack of space/case-volume issue, nor a controller/addressing issue, as such is already hardwired into the Hummingbird CPU/SOC.

This phone is now a "evolution" and not a "revolution" as the NexusOne used to be at introduction.

I expected more from Google for this round of Android phone(s):
    - a Samsung ORION CPU/SOC (a pair of 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 cores with 1080p playback and recording, triple screen support and five times the 3D graphics performance compared to HUMMINGBIRD)
    - 16 GB internal flash-memory and SDIO-support with SDHC v3 (up to 2 TB storage capacity, yes two TERRAbyte! :D)
    - USB v3 HOST (not just client)
    - mini-HDMI out
    - 1 GB ram.
    - WXGA resolution on S-AMOLED 5 inch screen
    - Bluetooth v3
    - BETTER (than N1) CCD-chipped 5 MP main-camera, with dual-flash LEDs and 1.3 MP front-camera @ 1080p recording and playback!

as for the Near Field Communication (NFC) feature - who cares? by the time it's introduced into the mass-market, this phone will be obsolete already.

same with LTE/4G - which is in such infancy, that you're better off with a well deployed 3G and WIFI coverage.

Reason why google, or rather Samsung is pushing this, is to be able to get into the xmas-sales rush for it. Problem is that the average customer has no ****ing clue about specs and artificially imposed limitations (which i see the removal of the SD-slot!). The average customer is easily impressed - best proof see Apple's iphone.

Not me, I don't care if I have the latest and greatest. I actually haven't looked at the Nexus S yet (I don't even know what it looks like). This thread is the first thing I've read about it, and all I read is that it's a step back from a Nexus One.

If you're saying it's not, I can believe that equally. From what I've read so far (which isn't much at all) a dual camera doesn't interest me. I prefer an SD slot to a front-facing camera. I don't want my ugly mug on-screen. The processor doesn't interest me because the one I've got isn't struggling to do it's job. Same goes for internal memory really. I've got 200MB free right now and 15GB free on my SD. So no tempting features so far, and my CynanogenMod6 is way better than Gingerbread. No hurry to get that.

As for the design, I guess I'm going to have to go and have a look somewhere at it. I'm still over the moon with joy at my phone after 6 or 7 months of ownership and don't feel that it's lacking anything.

The day will come where there's a new phone with new features that will make me tempted to upgrade, it's not here yet though.

My next purchase won't be a phone, it'll be an Android tablet.
    A lot of you are getting me wrong. An opinion's an opinion, you may not like the phone, but you don't have to go around dissing it for something it's not. Overall, specs-wise, it is a better phone.
    There's no reason to call it crap just because it's not by htc.

P.s - Imagine a nexus by motorola. Now that would really intrigue me.
    I'm not getting anyone wrong. You've got your opinion, I've got mine, and I've expressed it. Where's the problem?

Can you do me a favor and highlight where I dissed it or called it crap or said anything about it not being htc? All I've said is that the "S" has a spec with a couple of extra things, none of which I need, but I'd lose one that I like (SD card). So for me, if someone offered me a Nexus S to replace my Nexus One, I'd (genuinely) say No Thanks, I don't want a downgrade.
    i think google is going to do horrible when this phone comes out because every single person says they arent getting it only like about 3 or 4 ive heard so far that like it but over a few hundred! hope they realize their mistake and go back to htc =]

Quote Originally Posted by atlana View Post

What's better?

Somebody has been drinking the "Koolaid" too much

Yes, the Hummingbird CPU/SOC is better than the Snapdragon CPU/SOC, but only marginal, the camera is the same, and the front camera of being only VGA resolution is rather pathetic. EVERY laptop nowadays has a 1.3 MP web-camera built into the screen-bezel.

as for the reason why the screen is a "...curved glass screen fits comfortably in the palm of your hand and along the side of your face..." thats just another marketing-koolaid, especially if you look at the grade/degree it's curved - it's utterly negligible!

Lacking the Micro-SD slot is a sacrilege, my educated presumption is to prohibit ROM-burning/-modding via from-SD-sideloading at boot-up. it's definitely not a lack of space/case-volume issue, nor a controller/addressing issue, as such is already hardwired into the Hummingbird CPU/SOC.

This phone is now a "evolution" and not a "revolution" as the NexusOne used to be at introduction.

I expected more from Google for this round of Android phone(s):
    - a Samsung ORION CPU/SOC (a pair of 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 cores with 1080p playback and recording, triple screen support and five times the 3D graphics performance compared to HUMMINGBIRD)
    - 16 GB internal memory and SDIO-support
    - USB v3 HOST (not just client)
    - mini-HDMI out
    - 1 GB ram.
    - WXGA resolution on S-AMOLED 5 inch screen
    - Bluetooth v3
    - BETTER (than N1) CCD-chipped 5 MP main-camera, with dual-flash LEDs and 1.3 MP front-camera @ 1080p recording and playback!

as for the Near Field Communication (NFC) feature - who cares? by the time it's introduced into the mass-market, this phone will be obsolete already.

same with LTE/4G - which is in such infancy, that you're better off with a well deployed 3G and WIFI coverage.
    you said it like it is man google should listen to you more often! i wish they did

Introducing Nexus S with Gingerbread - Official Google Mobile Blog

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxUXulxE5o0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Introducing Nexus S[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjaYKNwWWiQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Nexus S: The Backstory[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by james_ortiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

What's better?

this is the smartest, most level-headed post in all these nexus s bashing posts ive seen. i too have a nexus one and realize that electronics become outdated after a few months. no need to bash anything, these people need to get over themselves

bro all these things arent even worth buying the dam phone...its still a nexus one with like 3 minor changes..and guess what the nexus one does support hspa+ up to 7.2 mbps...honestly you guys are just blind....and the humming bird processor was designed for graphics specifically. if you havent seen any videos of the nexus one vs any galaxy s benchmark scores the nexus one beats it by a mile...the only thing galaxy s phones excel on is graphics..i could care less about that!

i dont believe nexus one supports 7.2, but i may as well be very wrong.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links