anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; this reminds me of the iphone... iphone 3g then iphone 3gS then the BIG UPGRADE iphone 4... maybe google is doing the same? some of ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

this reminds me of the iphone... iphone 3g then iphone 3gS then the BIG UPGRADE iphone 4...
    maybe google is doing the same?

some of u guys are all caught up with 4g/hspa+... regular 3g is plenty for video chat... i get 4mbps/1.5 up on my nexus one
    sure having 4g/hspa+ on my phone would be nice but im only payin $6 for data so im not complaining

Wow some people really dont do research. My take is this, if you want a "dev-phone thats already on its way to becoming obsolete be my guest. It will be slower than Tegra 2 that is already faster than the galaxy on a the same or lower OS. Are you really willing to pay another 500+ dollars if they release Orion this summer or spring? Not to mention Orion is better than Tegra 2 by GPU only. Google can talk about updates and crap but lets face it most of us root our phone. Cyanogen and MIUI gives up an update every week. Cyanogen gave us 720p recording when Google still has not made it default with its new and "improved" OS. Sure Nexus S will get attention but hardware is the limiting factor and the Nexus S hardware is old, its not future proof. Sure maybe it can run ginger bread but my "LG Star" will be able to run it faster than your supported Dev phone.

PS. It does not take long for ROM cookers to port roms. Desire is already running 2.3 just from the SDK.

Ok I have one thing to say to all the people out there saying that allot of people won`t get the nexus S but these are experienced like almost everybody on this forum are experienced users cause we look at the stats and we know what is better cpu and such. Most people when they see speed just say ok 1gHz snapdragon vs. 1gHz hummingbird they are both the same but we all know that is not the case. So as long as the phone looks somewhat good and does what they want it to the average consumer will buy it if you want an example of this just look at the iphone. And I will admit that I at first wanted one of these but now that I have slept on it I realise that its crap. So in conclusion just because experienced user don`t get it they are not the average consumer. And on this phone I think the designated consumer is the average one not the experienced one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Ok I have one thing to say to all the people out there saying that allot of people won`t get the nexus S but these are experienced like almost everybody on this forum are experienced users cause we look at the stats and we know what is better cpu and such. Most people when they see speed just say ok 1gHz snapdragon vs. 1gHz hummingbird they are both the same but we all know that is not the case. So as long as the phone looks somewhat good and does what they want it to the average consumer will buy it if you want an example of this just look at the iphone. And I will admit that I at first wanted one of these but now that I have slept on it I realise that its crap. So in conclusion just because experienced user don`t get it they are not the average consumer. And on this phone I think the designated consumer is the average one not the experienced one.
    Which is why I am confused. I thought this forum and the nexus brand was suppose to be about progression and forward thinking. It just turns out that what i thought Nexus was about is not what Google think nexus is about.

Well you want to know the problem with todayís society and thinking? $$$$$ that is the problem. Innovation and moving forward are nice and all but if people arenít making money or could make more money then what is the point and that is the kind of thinking that screws up todayís society.

I'm going to get it, specs are not bad. But that's because I don't have a Nexus One, and my iPhone3G (not even 3Gs) is beyond slow. I also have grown to hate AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    I'm going to get it, specs are not bad. But that's because I don't have a Nexus One, and my iPhone3G (not even 3Gs) is beyond slow. I also have grown to hate AT&T
    You know I think that is what this phone is really for it's not for people that have a nexus one and who are looking for an upgrade it is for those people who could not get a nexus one when it first came out for whatever reason and now want one.

In that case, it may be perfect for some people :P I was in a 2yr contract with AT&T and didn't want to shell out $500 for the Nexus One when it was out, this may be the phone for me if I'm too impatient to wait for the dual core phones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    You know I think that is what this phone is really for it's not for people that have a nexus one and who are looking for an upgrade it is for those people who could not get a nexus one when it first came out for whatever reason and now want one.
    i have grown to love my nexus one and im even scared of getting rid of it! besides nexus s is an epic fail!

wait for the dual cores bro your going to regret it trust me on this!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links