anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by james_ortiz Originally Posted by Jaytron I'm going to get it, specs are not bad. But that's because I don't have a Nexus ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

Quote Originally Posted by james_ortiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    I'm going to get it, specs are not bad. But that's because I don't have a Nexus One, and my iPhone3G (not even 3Gs) is beyond slow. I also have grown to hate AT&T
    wait for the dual cores bro your going to regret it trust me on this!
    I`m not sure on that one the dual core phones might have some bugs at the beginning so if he want a truly reliable phone he would have to wait for like a few months after dual core comes out but if he want to wait that long then ya go with the dual core.

How true are these dual core processor (in regards to them being released in January) rumors? Because they have been floating around since february this year and till now nothing is out. With nexus s being released without a dual core surely it can't be that important for the near future can it?

Reason I ask is because being disappointed by the nexus s I ask seriously considering buying the desire hd now. But I keep catching cold feet every time one of you mention dual core processors. Someone talk to me.

Well the rumours are not really rumours anymore there are announced dual core phones/tablets for 2011 so they are real. The thing is that most of the people here are trying to help out and make you not waste your money (if you are a millionaire and we don`t know it then go for the desire HD you can buy a dual core later) cause if you buy a desire HD then you won`t have money for when a dual core phone comes out and your brand new phone will be outdated an look obsolete (the nexus one is an exception to this rule somehow it never looks obsolete). Now do you understand why you keep getting cold feet when you talk about it?

If you want to talk more feel free to ask more questions and I will feel free to give more answers.

Here's a question

What would you do in my situation? :P

Me personally in your situation with no current android phone but you want one I would wait for psphone because it is the best T2 phone I can give by name cause the others are just manufactures saying ``yes we will have tegra 2 phones at the beginning of 2011 so that is very informative.

Though if you want to know if I would wait for the T2 phones or get an NS I personally would wait for the T2 phones.

wow the htc desire hd makes nexus s look like crap

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjMGAXEHrRw]YouTube - HTC Desire HD - Video Preview[/ame]

I wouldn`t say it makes it look like crap but ya it is a pretty good phone but when tegra two is out that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    How true are these dual core processor (in regards to them being released in January) rumors? Because they have been floating around since february this year and till now nothing is out. With nexus s being released without a dual core surely it can't be that important for the near future can it?

Reason I ask is because being disappointed by the nexus s I ask seriously considering buying the desire hd now. But I keep catching cold feet every time one of you mention dual core processors. Someone talk to me.
    The issue isnt the Hardware (the ORION in this case) the issue is the Android Operating system, programming DECENT multi-threading for multi-core is a *****! especially on a platform that doesnt really give access to the hardware (no super-user access from apps-level).

Somewhere I had read that even google is struggling to get Android multi-thread capable for multi-core processors, and *IF* my alzheimer (j/k) isnt hitting me again, goggle isnt "expecting" to have that fully integrated before HoneyComb (v3 spring 2011) or by IceCream (v4 summer/fall 2011) release even - but i may be wrong.

on the other hand, all the handsetmakers are pushing for dual-core based CPU/SOC - like LG http://unplugged.rcrwireless.com/ind...ourtesy-of-lg/ - who's putting in the all-mighty Nvidia Tegra 2 into a PDA-phone.

And Marvell has released in OCT 2010 to OEMs the tri-core CPU/SOC with almost Playstation 3 level GPU power!

I've heard a bit about this Desire HD, but can't find a carrier in the US that has it. Who's supposed to carry it?

I dont think anyone is this thread is saying the phone is not good. What we are saying is its not future proof. Just because google has not optimized dual core does not mean it cant be done by a standalone developer. All the os you mention (honey comb, ice cream) will be able to take advantage of the dual core eventually stock. So is it smarter to buy this phone that might get developer support? Or by a phone that will be ahead of the software and has more cap room for improvement? Nexus one is pretty much just now peaking it took the entire 2010 year to catch nexus. Why would you buy 6 month old hardware that half way through next year will be obsolete?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links