anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by spitfire I dont think anyone is this thread is saying the phone is not good. What we are saying is its not ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
    I dont think anyone is this thread is saying the phone is not good. What we are saying is its not future proof. Just because google has not optimized dual core does not mean it cant be done by a standalone developer. All the os you mention (honey comb, ice cream) will be able to take advantage of the dual core eventually stock. So is it smarter to buy this phone that might get developer support? Or by a phone that will be ahead of the software and has more cap room for improvement? Nexus one is pretty much just now peaking it took the entire 2010 year to catch nexus. Why would you buy 6 month old hardware that half way through next year will be obsolete?
    what do you mean by peaking?

Quote Originally Posted by james_ortiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
    I dont think anyone is this thread is saying the phone is not good. What we are saying is its not future proof. Just because google has not optimized dual core does not mean it cant be done by a standalone developer. All the os you mention (honey comb, ice cream) will be able to take advantage of the dual core eventually stock. So is it smarter to buy this phone that might get developer support? Or by a phone that will be ahead of the software and has more cap room for improvement? Nexus one is pretty much just now peaking it took the entire 2010 year to catch nexus. Why would you buy 6 month old hardware that half way through next year will be obsolete?
    what do you mean by peaking?
    "fully utilized of its capabilities" - i.e. Apps that are WORTH it :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    I've heard a bit about this Desire HD, but can't find a carrier in the US that has it. Who's supposed to carry it?

There isn't one, I had to order my dh's from amazon.uk which took forever because it's way way back logged, then it had to be shipped to family in England and shipped to me here in Canada, good thing is it came unlocked.

So when do you guys think htc will release another android phone? or do you think they will stick with dhd for a few months?

Samsung is the Hyundai of mobiles ... draw your own conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    So when do you guys think htc will release another android phone? or do you think they will stick with dhd for a few months?
    They should release one soon enough, I mean, enough of windows phone 7 already.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post

right, but in current days, hyundai is a top quality car at value prices. it's no longer the maker of crappy quality cars.......

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

right, but in current days, hyundai is a top quality car at value prices. it's no longer the maker of crappy quality cars.......
    Yeah they even have a 100k mile warranty and have completely dominated the affordable car market. Not to mention the 'car of the year' Genesis.

I think the simile you were looking for was something more like Daewoo :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by alanudi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

Yeah they even have a 100k mile warranty and have completely dominated the affordable car market. Not to mention the 'car of the year' Genesis.

I think the simile you were looking for was something more like Daewoo :rofl3:
    Lol!:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Here's a question

What would you do in my situation? :P
    I would buy the best Android phone on the market, like I did when I bought my Nexus One in May. There wasn't a better Android phone available at that time.

Since then, HTC and Samsung have released quite a few. Some with better cameras, bigger screens, 4G etc etc. You need to decide which features are the most important for you. Although bigger screens are nice, they eat up the battery power. Higher MP cameras aren't always the apparent improvement they appear. A better quality flash and better sensor is more important that cramming more pixels into the same size sensor. Camera software is also important.

I still say that the Nexus S is a step back though from the Nexus One. There's NOTHING it's offering that would have made me choose it had it been available back in May when I got my N1. I'd have chosen the N1 then and I'd choose it now (over the N S).

I couldn't say it's the best Android phone available any more. I'm sure some of the newer ones in the last 6 months are improvements. To be honest, I haven't taken much interest in them because I'm happy with what I've got. :rofl3:
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links