anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Thanks for the advice Spitfire. It's true I'm not really an advance user. I don't really intend to add hacks because I feel devices get ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

Thanks for the advice Spitfire. It's true I'm not really an advance user. I don't really intend to add hacks because I feel devices get "messy" and take away from the user experience that the devs wanted us to experience. Plus the sound of hacking just doesn't sound assuring, will my device survive? lol

Something I picked up while doing some research. Apparently the Nexus S doesn't do 720p video? What is D1?

Google Nexus S reviewed: liked, but D1 video confirmed - GSMArena.com news

I know the nexus one has been hacked to enable 720p recording, but if its true about the D1 video for the NS then I'm absolutely baffled as to why it doesn't do HD recording out of the box? It's like google are purposely setting out to upset everyone with underwhelming hardware, and it some cases no hardware at all (SD slot)

Google Nexus S reviewed: liked, but D1 video confirmed - GSMArena.com news

I know the nexus one has been hacked to enable 720p recording, but if its true about the D1 video for the NS then I'm absolutely baffled as to why it doesn't do HD recording out of the box? It's like google are purposely setting out to upset everyone with underwhelming hardware, and it some cases no hardware at all (SD slot)
    Oh dear, another reason not to like the nexus s. I really WANT to like it as well.

I just found another reason for some of us too.according to the above article, us users in europe won't be getting super amoled screens, just plain lcd!

I'm disapointed in the NS. Its not much better than the N1 and infact, the MyTouch4G looks better in hardware specs, to me anyways.... other than the OS.

Seems like some more (non-Nexus-One owners) seeing the logic in the arguments being made by the Nexus One owners. We're not envious of the Nexus S. We're not disappointed that we no longer have the best phone. We just think we have a better phone than the Nexus S, and that technology wise, it's a step back.

There are probably at least 5 Android phones that are better than the Nexus One right now, but the Nexus S isn't one of them.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

The nexus s is unfortunately the only phone for pure android experience fans, as the privileged few of us who took the leap of faith with the google only online store.. For the others who missed out the nexus s seems the only alternative plus I'm hearing that it comes with gingerbread out of the box... Now I'm wondering will it ever get an OTA?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    The nexus s is unfortunately the only phone for pure android experience fans, as the privileged few of us who took the leap of faith with the google only online store.. For the others who missed out the nexus s seems the only alternative plus I'm hearing that it comes with gingerbread out of the box... Now I'm wondering will it ever get an OTA?
    I actually haven't looked at the non-nexus experience of what Android is like. For me it's only ever been pure. Well, until I changed to Cyanogenmod6, but I consider that to be "pure + gingerbread style features and more".

Is using a Samsung / Motorola / HTC non-nexus Android phone a horrible experience? Wrapped in a nasty UI ?
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Don't know about motorola phones, but some of the samsung ones have been pretty bad, with it's touch wiz interface slowing the android experience up. Others have improved upon the vanilla android ui, like htc's sense interface. Their widgets kick butt.

Hey aseems my old friend, knowing your fondness for the pure google experience, are you going to get a nexus s?

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post

Oh dear, another reason not to like the nexus s. I really WANT to like it as well.

I just found another reason for some of us too.according to the above article, us users in europe won't be getting super amoled screens, just plain lcd!
    I must've been half asleep when reading that article. I thought it read only Russia not getting the sAmoled, but if its the UK as well then that's absolutely the final straw. The main reason I was going to buy this over a HTC is because of the screen. With all the other disappointing news google has released I wouldn't be surprised if no Amoled for the UK turned out to be true.

Thank you very much google. Thank you for being retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Mist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post

Thank you very much google. Thank you for being retarded.
    < sympathetic LOL >

Russian Nexus S Dumps S-AMOLED For Super Clear LCD?

Well different sites are saying different things. This one says sAmoled will be available for the US and UK. This is all such a headache, lol.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links