anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; For my part I am waiting on NexusS and see if I replace my NexusOne. It should feel and look....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

For my part I am waiting on NexusS and see if I replace my NexusOne.
    It should feel and look.

I agree.I'm totally disappointed with Nexus S. Seems like the same as Nexus One just no SD card support that's crazy. I was looking forward to it but I'm just fine with my N1.

Most N1 users will probably diss the NS ... Which is natural... Coz we love our phones

But, for people who don't have the N1, don't want to buy a used N1, and want the pure android experience this christmas... The NS is the ONLY WAY TO GET GINGERBREAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Floogle View Post
    Hey aseems my old friend, knowing your fondness for the pure google experience, are you going to get a nexus s?
    I'll pass old friend... I do a hell of a lot of research to future proof my purchases before putting my money on the counter... Currently I'm looking at my next phone being a quad core!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    I do a hell of a lot of research to future proof my purchases before putting my money on the counter... Currently I'm looking at my next phone being a quad core!
    Same here on the research front. My next one will have twelveteen cores, a full HD resolution ultra super mega amoled, 128GB of main memory, nano SD slot supporting up to 16 TB, USB 4.1 connector, run Android 5.5 and have 478 hours of battery life at full brightness while running at 100% cpu (on all twelveteen cores). Oh, and it'll be no larger than an N1 :rofl3:
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I do a hell of a lot of research to future proof my purchases before putting my money on the counter... Currently I'm looking at my next phone being a quad core!
    Same here on the research front. My next one will have twelveteen cores, a full HD resolution ultra super mega amoled, 128GB of main memory, nano SD slot supporting up to 16 TB, USB 4.1 connector, run Android 5.5 and have 478 hours of battery life at full brightness while running at 100% cpu (on all twelveteen cores). Oh, and it'll be no larger than an N1 :rofl3:
    Touche!

However I base my research on facts (though i do love my Asimov as well)

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Mobile Processor

Nvidia Wants to Pack More Cores in Tablets, Smartphones - PCWorld

Android phones with NVIDIA quad-core CPU Tegra 3 and Tegra 4|Free PC Guides

Touche!

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Mobile Processor

Nvidia Wants to Pack More Cores in Tablets, Smartphones - PCWorld

Android phones with NVIDIA quad-core CPU Tegra 3 and Tegra 4|Free PC Guides
    Those processors look pretty intense. Anyway, I thought the Nexus S looked interesting, but I'm really beginning to see the light, I think.

I disagree with one of the comments I saw on here about 3G not being fast enough for video chat, but I wouldn't use that function. The NFC is a cool idea, but just isn't all that useful at this point in time.

I don't think I'm all that bothered by the lack of an SD slot. I think it'd be better if it had a slot, but 16GB is enough for me, I have a 16GB card now with 1GB for app2ext, and I still have about a gig and a half free with my entire music collection on there.

The contour display sounds nice, but I can cope with my amoled. I haven't held or felt the plastic build of the Galaxy S line; I can't judge the feel, but I don't think it looks too bad. I do love the feel of the Nexus 1 though. It's a solid phone that feels like it's built to last.

The hummingbird processor sounds most appealing to me. I bet that could be overclocked a lot higher than the Nexus's stable OC (without too much power) of 1152MHz.

I could probably pull the money together if I really wanted to upgrade that bad, but I won't be able to get a full discount on a phone until January, 2012, and it sounds like if tegra is pushing out an additional core each year like it mentioned in one of the articles from the above post, that should be about when quad-core processors become standard. I think I'll wait and see what the future brings to me. Until then, my Nexus One will live on!

Same here on the research front. My next one will have twelveteen cores ~snip~
    Touche!

Looking back at my post now, it looks like I was making fun of you expecting quad core on your next phone. That wasn't my intention, quite the opposite. I was saying that I'll be sticking with my Nexus One way beyond the day when quad cores are on the market. The screen is a good quality/size, the processor never feels slow with the apps I run, I'm completely happy By the time I upgrade my "PHONE", there maybe twelveteen cores available. All my near future big screen and big power Android needs are going to be fulfilled by a tablet.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

+1 on the tablet

The only phone I may upgrade to in the near future is the Zeus 1 aka psphone.

Thank you dd4005
    I appreciate your gesture

I trust i have now EARNED your friendship
    Merry Christmas

Same here on the research front. My next one will have twelveteen cores ~snip~
    Touche!

Looking back at my post now, it looks like I was making fun of you expecting quad core on your next phone. That wasn't my intention, quite the opposite. I was saying that I'll be sticking with my Nexus One way beyond the day when quad cores are on the market. The screen is a good quality/size, the processor never feels slow with the apps I run, I'm completely happy By the time I upgrade my "PHONE", there maybe twelveteen cores available. All my near future big screen and big power Android needs are going to be fulfilled by a tablet.

Thank you dd4005
    I appreciate your gesture

I trust i have now EARNED your friendship
    Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas right back at ya.

I'm heading out to get my hands on a Samsung Galaxy Tab for the first time ever today. I hope I have the will power to not buy it, because I know it'll be cheaper in January. :rofl3:

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links