anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

This is a discussion on anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; seriously no micro sd support and no hspa+ and no dual core?? its a nexus one in a galaxy body...im staying with my nexus one ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

Angry anyone agree that nexus S is a total disapointment?

seriously no micro sd support and no hspa+ and no dual core?? its a nexus one in a galaxy body...im staying with my nexus one until something better comes out i am so disapointed in google!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nexus One for me

I agree, what a disappointment.
    Cant believe google have even put their name on it. whats happened to them. last year it was all about pushing technology and trying to make other companies up the their game. Now it seems they have taken a step backwards.
    The best thing about this phone is that it has gingerbread, but thats irrelevant because we can get that on our nexus one anyway. i see no reason to buy this phone, im sticking with me nexus one.
    I know the hummingbird is a smaller and more efficient chip but still only 1ghz
    Same 5mp camera,
    only a VGA front camera - Hardly worth forking out for a new phone.
    and still doesn't match the iphones resolution.

I should really reserve my judgement until i actually have one in my hands but initially the specs seem disappointing especially with no sd card slot

What is everybody barking on about, at no point did they say this phone was going to be a market leading superphone, in fact this phone has one purpose and that is to handle Gingerbread the way google intended.

We will however find that there will be a flurry of new gingerbread based phones released around Christmas featuring dual cores and more functional radios for the newer networks.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I agree, more than a disappointment.. it looks really C**P.. really nasty plastic looking.. looks like it'd break if you sneezed near it.. and what super extra functionality do you get? v little.. and sorry Nobby your wrong.. The head of samsung project has been touting this as the 'Premier, De Facto Android Phone'.. .. nope I reckon this little thing is a FAIL.. hope your correct about better ones coming out year end though.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue666 View Post
    it looks really C**P.. really nasty plastic looking..
    Very disappointing from my point of view, all Samsung phones [android] seem to look like this, no one I know like the cheep plastic feel...

I hate the samsung UI aswell, hopefully it doesent apply to the NS

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue666 View Post
    I agree, more than a disappointment.. it looks really C**P.. really nasty plastic looking.. looks like it'd break if you sneezed near it.. and what super extra functionality do you get? v little.. and sorry Nobby your wrong.. The head of samsung project has been touting this as the 'Premier, De Facto Android Phone'.. .. nope I reckon this little thing is a FAIL.. hope your correct about better ones coming out year end though.
    The Nexus S is running raw android just like the nexus, and Samsung can claim all they want just like HTC did initially but the fact remains if it was going to be the phone of the year they would have held it back for for the dual cores?

Google have provided everything for Samsung to create and they have, they can hardly turn around and advertise as "just another dev phone" can they? True Samsung create poor phones but they are not daft and would have (if developing their own phone) waited for the new tech being release soon! trust me once the Nexus S is released i can bet that Samsung release a "similar" device with dual cores just like HTC did with the desire to the nexus.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I'm Excited! Not a single qualm here. Of course, i'm coming from a 2 year old BB Storm. yeah, i'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by alanudi View Post
    I'm Excited! Not a single qualm here. Of course, i'm coming from a 2 year old BB Storm. yeah, i'm excited!
    What is it about a Nexus S that excites you (more than a Nexus One) ?
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Well specifically, the fact that this is my first Android phone, and that the timing of its release is impeccable. Also, it has the latest and greatest technology, and it's designed for the next years to come.

OK I will say that not having 4G is a bit surprising, but I know my life will go on without it for another year, and the networks will be that much stronger by then.

Simply put, I never had a Nexus One, so there's a good chance I don't feel the same way as you do. Honestly, I feel this is a cutting-edge phone and I'll be proud to tout it for the next year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I think a lot of you guys have a hard time admitting that it really is a better phone.

I mean, hummingbird>snapdragon. I can't wait for the benchmark tests to come out.
    What's better?
    Dual camera, again the processor, the gpu, the contour design, the built in memory, to name a few.
    Look at it again, the contour design looks nothing like any of the old galaxy s's, it's pretty innovative in fact.

I've had my nexus one for a little over 4 months now. I realize the s is better, and therefore I don't go dissing it because I can't have it.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links