Nexus S is a Dev phone......Get over it

This is a discussion on Nexus S is a Dev phone......Get over it within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't think there will be a Honeycomb dev phone!!! The thing that will show off or spotlight Honeycomb is tablets. The Nexus S is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus S is a Dev phone......Get over it

I don't think there will be a Honeycomb dev phone!!! The thing that will show off or spotlight Honeycomb is tablets. The Nexus S is capable of running honeycomb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geckocavemen View Post
    I must admit that when I first saw the specs for the Nexus S I was a bit disappointed. Nobby's post, though, gives me hope that when Honeycomb is released sometime in early to mid 2011 we'll get the successor to the Nexus 1 that we anticipated the Nexus S to be. I would think honeycomb would be optimized for the Tegra 2's and thus there would be a need for a new developer phone. I, for one, will be passing on the Nexus S and waiting on the Honeycomb dev phone, which will hopefully represent a bigger step forward than the Nexus S does.
    This is exactly what I am saying, android is still a very young OS and google seem to be creating a new dev phone for every major release.

Nexus (one?) was created to usher in the new age of android after he initial phase of the G1 (not as big as google would have liked in my eyes) and has been the backbone of the releases for since release allowing google to keep a steady pace backed by the nexus.

Nexus S (prediction) is created as the perfect vessel for gingerbread and will bridge the gap between froyo and honeycomb, this device will allow the perfection of gingerbread and hopefully aid in the porting of gingerbread to the rest of the (capable) android family **reason** The nexus one has become very versatile and powerful and has outgrown googles plans now that most devices are already moving to froyo either as planned or other methods (custom roms and such)

Honeycomb "device" will pick up from where the Nexus S leaves, by the time honeycomb is breathing down our necks gingerbread, perfected by both Nexus & Nexus S will be being ported to the rest of the family and this time Tablets.Now this "device" could be a tablet, phone or hybrid like the HTC Shift but will definably be running the new age tech and may be out of reach by our current Nexus and maybe the Nexus S.

My prediction is that Google will release a Dev Device for every major android update and this will in turn speed up the development of android both in a OS and a backbone choice.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

@Nobby

You are right brother! I also believe they will call it the "Nexus Tab" and it will likely be made by Motorola.

we must understand that Google order the phone & specification for N-S
    & only thay now the reasons,
    & why not Samsung ,Samsung has lagish file system ,maybe Google like to help tham
    to build up better support for future phons like in HTC who was great support all this year...maybe,next year maybe Dev phone can be made by Motorola..who knows

Quote Originally Posted by alanudi View Post
    @Nobby

You are right brother! I also believe they will call it the "Nexus Tab" and it will likely be made by Motorola.
    That is what I think is going to happen to and who knows maybe that is the tab that Andy Rubin had at D: dive into mobile yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I cant believe how much hate I have seen for this new phone, the fact of the matter is that this is the new development phone and will NOT replace the Nexus but rather provide a solid platform for gingerbread.

The Nexus S has been created by Google to be the best possible platform to test and further Gingerbread, it is not to show off a new screen, sound system or shoot down space shuttles! If you want the best gingerbread experience it will be the best device to use just like our nexus has been the best thus far for pretty much everything else.

People need to understand that this is not a direct replacement for the Nexus and know one is forcing anyone to ditch the Nexus for the Nexus S, i will admit that the name is a poor choice and is causing most of the problems.

I will be buying one of these on day of release and will make a pure decision based on look and performance instead of empty assumptions based on a poor name choice!
    Noob, I understand what you are saying. But like all of us that are use to the Joys of our N1 and know the latest advances available, we expected to put our N1s up as collectors items and use the latest toy NS. We want the Best and that would be to combine N1 and NS into one phone.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Maybe that's what the S stands for. Sidestep.....
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Maybe that's what the S stands for. Sidestep.....
    Or maybe just Samsung xD
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links