Pros vs Cons

This is a discussion on Pros vs Cons within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth Many people saying the Nexus one is better. Please explain your views. How is the N1 better than NS. And I'm ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pros vs Cons

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Many people saying the Nexus one is better. Please explain your views. How is the N1 better than NS. And I'm gonna play devil's advocate.

Go.
    I think the Nexus-S is a DEFINITE upgrade over the Nexus One.

Pro's (vs N1):
    - 4' screen
    - SuperAMOLED
    - Anti fingerprint coating on the screen
    - Front facing camera
    - True multi touch
    - Hummingbird processor w/ better GPU
    - 100% Google support

Con's (vs N1)
    - No SD card (dont be lazy and clean up your music collection so it fits 16 gbs on the Nexus S )
    - No trackball (you can use NoLED app and get notifications, plus text selection is easy on gingerbread)

If people want to wait for the dual core's thats cool but when your comparing the Nexus S to the Nexus One there really isn't any comparison spec wise as long as your not lazy with your music collection and keep it tidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post

Pro's (vs N1):
    - 4' screen
    hehe 4' screen sounds amazing

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Many people saying the Nexus one is better. Please explain your views. How is the N1 better than NS. And I'm gonna play devil's advocate.

Go.

Pro's (vs N1):
    - 4' screen
    - SuperAMOLED
    - Anti fingerprint coating on the screen
    - Front facing camera
    - True multi touch
    - Hummingbird processor w/ better GPU
    - 100% Google support

Con's (vs N1)
    - No SD card (dont be lazy and clean up your music collection so it fits 16 gbs on the Nexus S )
    - No trackball (you can use NoLED app and get notifications, plus text selection is easy on gingerbread)

If people want to wait for the dual core's thats cool but when your comparing the Nexus S to the Nexus One there really isn't any comparison spec wise as long as your not lazy with your music collection and keep it tidy.
    One in your list you forgot noise cancelling mic.

Two having allot of music and media doesn`t mean your collection is messy it just means you like lots of different stiles of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    N1 feels rock solid. I wish it has a metal battery cover but it still feels great. I dont have any problems with my N1 build like Card reported.

I have held a samsung vibrant, and my wife has a Behold 2. If the nexus S feels the same way as those two I would not like it.

ONLY thing I dislike about N1 is the small internal storage space, but it is def better than android phones before it, so at the time it was pretty good.

Nexus S has two good features, the screen and the FFC. Certainly not worth the upgrade price. Now... can the Nexus S use Tzones data like the N1 and Behold II?
    Yeah, I really feel the same way. The limit of internal storage is a big downside of nexus one and other Android phones. Although 2.2 supports AppToSD, it didn't solve the problem as some files and caches of applications are still installed in the ROM, which means the number of Apps is really limited even for Nexus One(only 150MB of ROM available for applications). Apps like Adobe Flash Player won't work if it is moved to SD card. 20MB+ space is used for Google Earth although it has been moved to SD card. And some other Google applications even can't been moved to SD card.
    I had to admit the high-end Sammy phones don't have the problem as they at least have 8GB internal storage on board. And Apple, in my opinion, just simply the storage problems for consumers with built-in flash memory ONLY.
    Google urgently needs to standardize the minimum requirement of build-in storage spaces for all the Android phones including low-end ones. Lets just say 4GB at least and 8GB will be a bonus. And then the expandable memory will come into a big plus compared to iPhone.

The one thing better about the N1 I is the glowing trackball when I have a notification. Other than that I have no use for the trackball. But, I can't stress enough just how much I've grown to love having my N1 notify me with a glowing trackball. It's too bad Samsung didn't include a trackpad that glowed or something similar.

The biggest Pro for the nexus s is that it provides the pure android experience sans manufacturer tinkerings
    it comes with gingerbread out of the box
    It can use the maps version that uses the integrated nfc chip

Cons it's not the nexus one

I can say I am looking forward to going to Best Buy and buying a Nexus S. My Nexus One's screen would constantly bleed it's colors thus the display was going on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links