Unlocked US Nexus S in UK??

This is a discussion on Unlocked US Nexus S in UK?? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me. I'm going to the US to visit the in-laws for xmas and to reward myself for ...

Thread: Unlocked US Nexus S in UK??

Unlocked US Nexus S in UK??

Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me.

I'm going to the US to visit the in-laws for xmas and to reward myself for going through such an experience, I would like to buy myself an unlocked Nexus S while I am there.

My question is if I bring back the phone, would I be able to use it on UK networks like O2 with their simplicity tariff. Is it simply popping in the sim card and everything would work?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

In a nutshell, yes. It is an unlocked phone so you can put any sim card in and it will operate on that network provider.

If you experience any problems connecting to the internet, just ask o2 to send you the internet settings by text.

Let us know your thoughts on it, maybe some screenshots too!

Again, just be sure that the radio frequencies are compatible with the provider you're going to use when you get back.

If NexusS resembles NexusOne will comptatible for virtually every country in the world

Not strictly true, kalimero. Here, there are two distinctly different versions, that look exactly alike! One is compatible with ATT's frequencies for 3G, and only works on TMobile's 2G freq's. And vice-versa. And, of course, no Nexus One works on Verizon's network...

Yes but just because you don`t get 3G doesn`t mean itís not compatible (well at least I hope not cause I have a t-mo version on Fido) so he was somewhat right. Although I never got the no Verizon thing Why didn`t they make a version for them. And while I`m at it I`m in Canada so I don`t know but are one of the two available versions of the nexus one compatible with sprint?

Nope. Sprint and Verizon use a different technology altogether...their devices don't use a SIM card at all. Also, the CDMA tech that they use can't do voice and data simultaneously, either. GSM does. (Which means ATT and TMo).

Oh, and Verizon and Sprint dropped their plans for the Nexus One at the last minute. VZW recommended the Incredible for those that were waiting for the N1; and Sprint pointed them towards the...well....I don't remember...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links