Anyway to order a Nexus S to be shipped to Canada?

This is a discussion on Anyway to order a Nexus S to be shipped to Canada? within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was wondering if anyone knows of anysite that will allow you to order online and ship to Canada...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyway to order a Nexus S to be shipped to Canada?

Anyway to order a Nexus S to be shipped to Canada?

I was wondering if anyone knows of anysite that will allow you to order online and ship to Canada

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No us here in Canada don`t get the nexus S until they release a Canadian version with the frequencies we use cause the one that is coming to the US only works on wind at 3G in Canada other than that you can try eBay but itís going to be like 600 to 700 USD so I would hold out for now (or just do like me and don`t get it).

The T-Mobile Edition will work only with windmibile.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I am cool with Wind/AWS frequencies.

I mean will not work fully 3G except with windmobile, but also is the phone locked to T-Mobile or unlocked, this is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gwassef View Post
    I mean will not work fully 3G except with windmobile, but also is the phone locked to T-Mobile or unlocked, this is another issue.
    I know if you buy it at full price it will be unlocked.

Even if you buy it on contract it will be unlocked Google nexus is not locked that is the way it is.

Lightbulb

I'm pretty sure this will be a dev phone when it's released on the 16th, and therefore will be available to Developers here in Canada the same way the Nexus One is. I bought my N1 before they went dev right from Google and happily use it on WIND mobile with very few problems and unlimited everything for cheap

So may I suggest to you what I did and register as a dev, it will probably be the best way to get your hands on one up here, at least officially . I'm happy with my N1 but am already feeling NS envy after hearing my buddy might not run the new vector-based Google Maps app.

rAy

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gwassef View Post
    I know if you buy it at full price it will be unlocked.
    Will it not also work on Mobilicity? I was considering driving to Buffalo (from T.O.) and putting it on their network.

I purchased the Nexus S and had it shipped to my aunt in Virginia, who then shipped it to me in Hong Kong (I was there during the holidays)

I can confirm 150% the phone is unlocked, worked GREAT on 3g in HK, and upon return to Canada I ported my Fido number to Wind mobile and it is still working flawlessly.

I was planning on using mobilicity but they were lame and wouldn't sell my friend a Sim without signing up for a plan instore (I was still in HK and just needed the sim so I could phone myself and port the number etc.), Wind sold my friend just the Sim no problem and I was able to phone in the sim number and port my fido number without any hitch.

I love my Nexus S!

(Sorry this doesn't answer the how to ship to Canada part, just wanted to confirm you won't run into any problems once you get your hands on one)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links