Nexus S - why it's still the phone to get

This is a discussion on Nexus S - why it's still the phone to get within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Raging Mist Want retina style resolution? You don't need that. Have this new Contour gimmick bull**** instead. get an iphone then...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S - why it's still the phone to get

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Mist View Post
    Want retina style resolution? You don't need that. Have this new Contour gimmick bull**** instead.

get an iphone then

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    Want retina style resolution? You don't need that. Have this new Contour gimmick bull**** instead.

get an iphone then
    ......no......

get an iphone then
    ......no......

well retina is an apple created technology. tell me which android phone has this........

get an iphone then
    ......no......

well retina is an apple created technology. tell me which android phone has this........
    LG 'B' Android phone caught in the wild, looking thin and ready to spank S-AMOLED (update: confirmed) -- Engadget

btw.. im pretty sure retina displays were not "created" by apple, the japanese did

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    ......no......

LG 'B' Android phone caught in the wild, looking thin and ready to spank S-AMOLED (update: confirmed) -- Engadget

btw.. im pretty sure retina displays were not "created" by apple, the japanese did

well apple seems to be the first ones to have used it on a phone. and if it did come from sharp, i'm sure they did it on apple's orders as a vendor.

also, this article you posted makes no mention of retina and was posted after the original claim of wanting retina display. so both of you must have a crystal ball that looks into the future

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post

well apple seems to be the first ones to have used it on a phone. and if it did come from sharp, i'm sure they did it on apple's orders as a vendor.

also, this article you posted makes no mention of retina and was posted after the original claim of wanting retina display. so both of you must have a crystal ball that looks into the future
    The title of the thread is "why nexus is still the phone to get". I said it's not worth getting, listing a few reasons with retina being one of them. Retina is just a name for the resolution apple are using. Its not something new. I'm just disappointed that google decided to make no hardware advances at all but are trying to con common buyer with words like contour and NFC (which wont be useful any time soon)

steve jobs MADE the retina display

/fanboy

The only thing going for it is the gingerbread OS. Besides that and being a true Google device which is big I will admit, (I am a huge Google fan) the device is less then what I thought a Google phone should be. When the Nexus One came out it led the way to the future for all other devices to come and it still IMO is the best damn phone to date. Everyone is making piss poor excuses for a very less then stellar device. Keeping my Nexus One and bought what I think is the best made device to date, The MyTouch 4G. I will root it take all the crap out of it, install launcher pro and I will have the fastest and best looking device out there. The Nexus S is old before it is even new. It kills me to say this, I am a true Nexus freak.

retina display screens are made by samsung and they have proved that super amoled in samsung phone is way better performing that the retina display (a fancy marketing ploy word created by steve jobs).

Sorry for the long post. Here are my thoughts on the Nexus S and why it's a BUST.

-With the phone not shooting in 720p HD, this is the deciding factor for myself and many others. Upon releasing a phone here in this time in technology, manufacturers should meet standards of its competition. In regards, releasing the Nexus S with a standalone 480p quality video recorder, is just plain out ridiculous.

Okay okay. You make a great point that you cannot send videos to friends because of its large file size, if it were shot in HD. We as consumers, love point and shoot. How are you to compete with others if you have a sub-par video interface and hardware in a world that is surrounded by phones that shoot in beautiful 720p ( INCLUDING MY NEXUS ONE). Yes, I understand custom ROMs will more than likely enable 720p on the Nexus S, but cmon.... Just like the Nexus One, it should of been stock.

-5MP camera? I love my Nexus One and its beautiful 5MP camera. Did I just hear that right? My Nexus One + 5 MP camera? This was released in January....it's been almost a year and you've switched manufacturers but kept the same quality of a camera? What ever happened to innovation. What ever happened to improvements or moving on.

-16GB on board storage is nice. Other than that, what makes the Nexus S special? The ever so touted 'curved glass'? What was thought to be gorilla glass, which wasn't a surprising revelation at all that it ISN'T gorilla glass.

-The new processor...well it's still 1GHz? My Nexus One has that. Android 2.3? Well my Nexus One will have that soon. So what is such a gamer changer in the Nexus S? In my honest opinion, NOTHING. It's beautiful. It's relevant... but that's all it will ever be to me.

Conclusion, this phone LACKS in so many areas. It is sub-par and deserves LESS recognition. Would I love the phone? Absolutely. Relevancy is a key factor to many individuals. We must stay CURRENT! With the upcoming release of the LG Optimus 2 Dual Core phone that is said to support recording and playback in 1080p, the Nexus S will continue to be an example of another failed Google release.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links