Nexus S - why it's still the phone to get

This is a discussion on Nexus S - why it's still the phone to get within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Sheanzy Sorry for the long post. Here are my thoughts on the Nexus S and why it's a BUST. -With the phone ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Nexus S - why it's still the phone to get

  1. #21
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Sorry for the long post. Here are my thoughts on the Nexus S and why it's a BUST.

    -With the phone not shooting in 720p HD, this is the deciding factor for myself and many others. Upon releasing a phone here in this time in technology, manufacturers should meet standards of its competition. In regards, releasing the Nexus S with a standalone 480p quality video recorder, is just plain out ridiculous.

    Okay okay. You make a great point that you cannot send videos to friends because of its large file size, if it were shot in HD. We as consumers, love point and shoot. How are you to compete with others if you have a sub-par video interface and hardware in a world that is surrounded by phones that shoot in beautiful 720p ( INCLUDING MY NEXUS ONE). Yes, I understand custom ROMs will more than likely enable 720p on the Nexus S, but cmon.... Just like the Nexus One, it should of been stock.

    -5MP camera? I love my Nexus One and its beautiful 5MP camera. Did I just hear that right? My Nexus One + 5 MP camera? This was released in January....it's been almost a year and you've switched manufacturers but kept the same quality of a camera? What ever happened to innovation. What ever happened to improvements or moving on.

    -16GB on board storage is nice. Other than that, what makes the Nexus S special? The ever so touted 'curved glass'? What was thought to be gorilla glass, which wasn't a surprising revelation at all that it ISN'T gorilla glass.

    -The new processor...well it's still 1GHz? My Nexus One has that. Android 2.3? Well my Nexus One will have that soon. So what is such a gamer changer in the Nexus S? In my honest opinion, NOTHING. It's beautiful. It's relevant... but that's all it will ever be to me.

    Conclusion, this phone LACKS in so many areas. It is sub-par and deserves LESS recognition. Would I love the phone? Absolutely. Relevancy is a key factor to many individuals. We must stay CURRENT! With the upcoming release of the LG Optimus 2 Dual Core phone that is said to support recording and playback in 1080p, the Nexus S will continue to be an example of another failed Google release.
    Woe I was with you all the way through until "another failed Google release" please tell me that when you say this you are not referring to the nexus one as the other failed Google release. Because the nexus one was a success because from what Erick Schmidt said it was supposed to push the mobile phone industry forward what did it do, it pushed it forward, now almost a year later, most of the phones are still made with similar stats so if you call that a failure there is something wrong. Sure they didn't get that many sales but that is because of the online store that people didn't like.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Sheanzy_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

    Woe I was with you all the way through until "another failed Google release" please tell me that when you say this you are not referring to the nexus one as the other failed Google release. Because the nexus one was a success because from what Erick Schmidt said it was supposed to push the mobile phone industry forward what did it do, it pushed it forward, now almost a year later, most of the phones are still made with similar stats so if you call that a failure there is something wrong. Sure they didn't get that many sales but that is because of the online store that people didn't like.
    I am and am not referring to the Nexus One . I love my Nexus One and it's the greatest phone I've ever owned and the greatest smart phone experience I'll have. With that being said, Google intended to do big things with the Nexus One and the mobile phone industry and failed. Some critics call the Nexus One a failure, but its a sleeper. A sleeper in the way that its community and hardware is high in quality. They count the Nexus One out but it can do everything, if not more, than phones that are CURRENTLY releasing.

    The Nexus One can do EVERYHING the Nexus S can do. Except the Nexus One shoots 720p with Cyanogen. It doesn't have Gingerbread nor the ever so elite curved screen :rofl3:. With time, Gingerbread will be here.... shoot it's already here as a custom ROM.

    Other failed Google releases would be Google Wave....some say Google Music which has yet to be released... Chrome OS which is already being dubbed as DOA... Google Buzz isn't as widely recognized as it would like. The Nexus One was not a failure. To critics and Google, maybe. To the few who purchased the phone, received a very powerful handset that had so much potential.


    --> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

    --> ...a Gingerbread ROM




    - Our handicapped puppy -

    *Follow me on Twitter



    EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

  3. #23
    Android Lurker DudeRandom21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post

    Woe I was with you all the way through until "another failed Google release" please tell me that when you say this you are not referring to the nexus one as the other failed Google release. Because the nexus one was a success because from what Erick Schmidt said it was supposed to push the mobile phone industry forward what did it do, it pushed it forward, now almost a year later, most of the phones are still made with similar stats so if you call that a failure there is something wrong. Sure they didn't get that many sales but that is because of the online store that people didn't like.
    I am and am not referring to the Nexus One . I love my Nexus One and it's the greatest phone I've ever owned and the greatest smart phone experience I'll have. With that being said, Google intended to do big things with the Nexus One and the mobile phone industry and failed. Some critics call the Nexus One a failure, but its a sleeper. A sleeper in the way that its community and hardware is high in quality. They count the Nexus One out but it can do everything, if not more, than phones that are CURRENTLY releasing.

    The Nexus One can do EVERYHING the Nexus S can do. Except the Nexus One shoots 720p with Cyanogen. It doesn't have Gingerbread nor the ever so elite curved screen :rofl3:. With time, Gingerbread will be here.... shoot it's already here as a custom ROM.

    Other failed Google releases would be Google Wave....some say Google Music which has yet to be released... Chrome OS which is already being dubbed as DOA... Google Buzz isn't as widely recognized as it would like. The Nexus One was not a failure. To critics and Google, maybe. To the few who purchased the phone, received a very powerful handset that had so much potential.
    Ya the only thing you forgot that the nexus S can do and the nexus one can't is the NFC which isn't useful YET. Well for your other failed Google releases Google Wace and music I never even heard of so I think so. As for chrome OS I think not I think it is only the beginning for it. Well Google buzz I also don't know. And the nexus one well that was only a failure to critics even Eric Schmidt said that its goal was to push the mobile industry forward and that it did and that is why we didn't need to make a nexus two (he never said anything about S). So only the critics are lost but nothing out of the ordinary there:rofl3:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

www.android.net 106326-nexus-s-why-s-still-phone-get

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum