Help with purchasing the Nexus S

This is a discussion on Help with purchasing the Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; I purchased my Nexus one full price. I am out of contract with Tmobile. I just bought my phone in May. I am willing to ...

Thread: Help with purchasing the Nexus S

Help with purchasing the Nexus S

I purchased my Nexus one full price. I am out of contract with Tmobile. I just bought my phone in May. I am willing to go back in contract to get the upgrade to the Nexus s.. I called Tmobile and they say yes I can but they aren't selling it. I called Best Buys Nexus S phone support and the Lady told me she cant help me and not to bother untill the 16th.. All locations in Illinois are far from me and I have to work.. I was going to just say forget it and order it online but I am sure it will say that I dont have an upgrade because I checked it on Bestbuys checker.. it says.. does not qualify for upgrade. upgrade date.. none... and then it says contract ends 09-12-2010....because thats when the original contract ended.. I can maybe drive about 45mins Thursday night when I finish work to a Best Buy but will they be sold out? and will there be an 18 year old kid telling me he cant help me just like when I tried to call the support line? Please let me know what you think I should do. I really want to get the new phone and I was going to give my Nexus one to my daughter..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Here's how the phone plan works. Phone contracts are tied with the phones you purchase. If your plan ended 09-12-2010 it means two years before that you purchased subsidized phones from T-Mobile, therefore binding you to that 2 year contract. After the contract ends then you're eligible to get new phones at a subsidized cost, and once again bind yourself to a new 2 year contract.

This means you're eligible to get the Nexus S at the $199 cost. I'm not sure how the Bestbuy checker works, but it should allow you to purchase the phone at $199 while agreeing to another 2-year contract. Bestbuy will start selling the phone online at 8am Eastern tomorrow, so that's 7am Illinois. If it doesn't work online for you, then you will have to go into Bestbuy to get it at your earliest convenience.

Make sure you go to one of these Bestbuys to get your phone, not all Bestbuys have T-Mobile, only these do:
    http://www.bestbuymobile.com/sites/d...s_s_stores.pdf

thanks so much for all your help. I feel better now. Like I told my husband, I dont care about these other phones coming out I just want the one that gets the updates fastest lol, the google phones.... I really love my Nexus One I hate to give it up but my oldest daughter promised she would take care of it..ugh... lol.. thanks again!!

U can get the TMO version online and it will be shipped overnight, that way if u can't make it to the store you can have it delivered on Friday to your work or home.

I waited on the phone and hour and 20 mins.. and they told me that I cant get it.. they said its not a Tmobile phone its a best buy phone.. so the upgrade doesn't apply to me.. I asked them to call T mobile and they said this just happened I guess to another idiot like me sitting on the phone for an hour

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyg1 View Post
    I waited on the phone and hour and 20 mins.. and they told me that I cant get it.. they said its not a Tmobile phone its a best buy phone.. so the upgrade doesn't apply to me.. I asked them to call T mobile and they said this just happened I guess to another idiot like me sitting on the phone for an hour

Just keep in mind, that even if you could upgrade, it will cost you $200 for the phone.

If your contract has already ended, you can get the phone at that discounted price, since you are starting a new contract.

To get the best deal... purchase the phone from here: Google - Nexus S Mobile Phone - Black (T-Mobile) - GT-I9020T then take it to a T-Mobile store and sign up for the "Even More PLUS" plan. It's $20 less each month than the regular plans. The only downside is you have to pay full price for the phone ($529).

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyg1 View Post
    You can upgrade online. When u click on the purchase button it asks if you are a new or returning TMO customer. Then you have the option to purchase as an upgrade, add a line, or off contract. People on the phone usually aren't updated to whats going on so probably better to do it online plus you'll get free shipping. Good luck!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links