I didnt understand the whole "cheap" complaint, until now..

This is a discussion on I didnt understand the whole "cheap" complaint, until now.. within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; its a weird description for a phone, but now i see why the reviewers say it. the N1 felt like it was WAY more durable ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I didnt understand the whole "cheap" complaint, until now..

I didnt understand the whole "cheap" complaint, until now..

its a weird description for a phone, but now i see why the reviewers say it.

the N1 felt like it was WAY more durable than my NS. This thing feels like it could break very easily.. its a bummer because it will be some time b4 i can get a decent case.

overall im glad i made the switch.. the phone has a less laggy feel than my N1 did. i have a feeling google talk will support video chat on android really soon and i will be ready.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

dandroid
    Hows functional is the curved screen?

And do you notice a reduction in glare, due to the curve screen?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I think the reduction in glare will be because of the super amoled screen not the curved glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I think the reduction in glare will be because of the super amoled screen not the curved glass.
    I guess I'd need to compare a S-amoled vs. amoled side-by-side to see that difference. I thought the curve would work to suppress a lot of background reflection, especially in indoor, lighted conditions (office, car).

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    Hows functional is the curved screen?

I dont even notice to be honest.. its very subtle

its far better to view it outside.. yes

Yes I picked it up today and I prefer the built quality of the N1 over the NS, The plastic is not bad I just would of prefer metal. Overall the phone is great!!!

Screen is ridiculously good looking. I don't feel the Nexus One had better build quality. Its just heavier. The Nexus S feels solid in my hands (creaks or squeaks) and it is very light.

The build quality does seem "cheap" because it's light-weight and plastic. I especially had a hard time opening the back battery cover. On the Nexus One all you had to do was gently slide your finger and the cover comes off. With this phone I have to pry it open with my fingernail. I do feel that build quality doesn't really matter once you put on a phone cover. I suggest to at the very least cover the entire phone with invisible shield because the phone surface is almost exactly like the iPhone 3g/3gs... it will scratch.

Everything else about the phone is an improvement from the Nexus One. I never felt the Nexus One was slow, but the Nexus S is faster in every way. The screen is much better on this phone. Touchscreen works perfectly, same as an iPhone. I would run into glitches with my Nexus One from time to time, and have to lock the screen and unlock to "fix" it. This hasn't happened with the Nexus S. Another plus is I can download as many apps as I wish without worrying about not having memory.

I'm very pleased with this new phone. However, if you already have a Nexus One and the upgrade cost is significant to you then there's probably no need to make the switch. The Nexus One is still a good phone in its own right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links