Insurance for the Nexus S

This is a discussion on Insurance for the Nexus S within the Nexus S forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just wondering who was offering insurance on the Nexus S? The $10 a month at best buy seems a little pricey?...

Thread: Insurance for the Nexus S

dandroid

Insurance for the Nexus S

Just wondering who was offering insurance on the Nexus S? The $10 a month at best buy seems a little pricey?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm doing 10 a month from BB for now... never had any on my Nexus One...

I'm doing it as well. $10/month from BB Geek Squad.

seems like a ripoff IMO..

ill risk it.. I dont ever trust them to honor the policy anyways.. feels like they'll look for a loop hole to get out of it if something should happen.

i never dropped my N1, hopefully ill never drop the NS, but if I do I reckon the case will protect it (i hope)

wow you guys are overpaying...

Squaretrade 2 years is only $94 WITH accidental damage.

Here's the Squaretrade Android page.... Looks like a good deal if you want insurance.

Android Warranty | Cell Phone Insurance Alternative | Mobile Phone Protection | SquareTrade Warranties

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    seems like a ripoff IMO..

ill risk it.. I dont ever trust them to honor the policy anyways.. feels like they'll look for a loop hole to get out of it if something should happen.

i never dropped my N1, hopefully ill never drop the NS, but if I do I reckon the case will protect it (i hope)

It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, although BB black tie will help you out if you break, scratch, or damage you phone it won't help you if you lose it or it's stolen, you'll just be S.O.L. And this is for 10 bucks a month.

Under T-mo $5 monthly insurance policy they will not cover a NS for either damages, lost or stolen phones. (which is crappy)
    I know they cover the N1 to the point where they will cover a lost or stolen N1 with a partial subsidy of a crappy mytouch, but they will not get you another N1.

Either way T-mo sucks that they care nothing for this phone or the customer but in fact only to get the contracts...

So beware; DO NOT LOSE YOUR PHONE ...

And to avoid losing your phone, install thief aware or lookout or any other loss prevention app.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    And to avoid losing your phone, install thief aware or lookout or any other loss prevention app.
    Well that's not going to prevent someone from taking your phone, it's only going to be useful if you are able to set lookout off while the person is still in range of you hearing the phone scream.

Also I was trying that locate function on lookout on my computer with my nexus being 5 feet away, and the website was pinpointing a location several blocks away. That's not as precise as I was hoping, i believe the locate would be more accurate if the phones GPS was on, but realistically how am I supposed to know to turn my phone GPS on "just in case my phone gets stolen"...

It's a nice app and I do there is a lot of functinality, in fact it is better than nothing and might in fact help me recover my phone. But there have to be a lot of circumstances that need to work simultaneously. This of course is hoping that the theif is stupid enough to leave the phone on...

Quote Originally Posted by latinfavio View Post
    Also I was trying that locate function on lookout on my computer with my nexus being 5 feet away, and the website was pinpointing a location several blocks away.

It tends to do that for the first minute sometimes. That's the assisted GPS working off the towers, and only an approximation. If you move the phone or wait a little longer for the GPS to get a lock, you will see it tracks very closely. Other than that, mabye you aren't getting GPS lock in your location?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links